Chapter Seventeen: Together

Your pov
     The week went by somewhat quickly. Throughout the week, Zuko and I would sometimes 'have a little fun' before old man Iroh came back. We had just finished, and now we were laying together. "I have something for you." Zuko said as he got up.

     I stared at him as he got up and grabbed something. He came back, sitting on his knees in front of me. He opened up his hands, letting me see what he was hiding. "So you're just giving me my necklace that you never gave back?" I questioned.

"What? N-no." He stuttered in, embarrassment. "Just- look at it." He pushed it closer to me.

     I grumbled before taking it from him. I looked at the round stone that hung from it, finding a dragon curled around itself. "You did not." I stared at him in disbelief.

"Would it be bad if I did?" He rubbed the back of his neck as he looked to the side, bashful.

"Well, not so much as bad. Isn't this way too soon though? We just barely got together a week ago, and we met a few months ago." I shrugged.

"I guess I fell hard for you." He laughed.

     I squished his face together, a blush on my face from his cuteness. "I hate you and your stupid cute face, you fucking jackoff." I huffed as I pulled his cheeks apart.

"Can I take that ath a yeth?" He couldn't speak properly since I was stretching his face out.

"Yeah, dipshit." I grumbled as I laid my head on his shoulder.

     He laughed again and pulled me closer. "Could I put it on you?" He whispered in my ear.

"Mhmm." I mumbled and pulled back, moving my hair out of the way for him to put it on.

     After putting it on me, he had a bright smile on his face. He pulled me closer, resting his head on my shoulder now. There was a small sniffle coming from him. "Are you crying?" I laughed slightly.

"I'm just really happy." He held me tighter.

"What a baby." I stroked his back.

     He grumbled before we laid down and fell asleep.

     Once the week break was up, I returned back to working at the tea shop.

.

     It was a normal day at the shop. I would occasionally feel Zuko's eyes on me as I worked. Whenever I turned back to look at him, he quickly noticed he was caught and turned away: face red. It was slower now that it was nighttime.
     Only a few guards and civilians were here, meaning I could tease Zuko now. "So, like what you see, half ass?" I snickered as I hit my hip into his, hissing slightly at the pain from his burn marks he left. "Nevermind. Don't say shit." I threatened as I rubbed it gently.

"Sorry again..." He was completely red again as he realized why I was in pain.

"You best be." I joked before going to pour tea for one of the guards again.

     As I was pouring the tea, Jet came in. There was a scowl on my face as I set the pot down. He accused Zuko and old man Iroh of being fire benders, which they were, but no one else knew. "And what proof do you have?" I asked, putting a hand on my hip before pulling in back.

"He burned you, didn't he? I saw. That's why you aren't wearing that thing." He pointed his swords at me.

"You mean the corset? And wait. Did you just say you saw? You stalked us and watched us get intimate, you fucking pervert!?" My face was red with embarrassment as I realized what he meant.

"When I said court her, I didn't think you actually would." Old man Iroh said as he looked at Zuko with a strange expression on his face.

"Quiet, old man!" He now pointed the sword at Iroh. "And so what if I did? All the prove I need is right here." He tried to lift up the large shirt to show the accidental marks Zuko left.

"Get your hands off my wife!" Zuko shouted as he grabbed the sword from a guard and launched an attack to Jet, kicking the table at him.

     They continued to fight as Iroh held me back. "So, you're together?" Iroh asked.

"Now isn't the time!" I shouted as the two males began to fight outside.

     Iroh and I rushed out to see what was happening. He tried to convince Jet that he was mistaken, but he wasn't letting up. Two guards came up and told them to stop. They bound Jet and took him away.
     Once the commotion was over, we went back to the tea shop. Zuko was still fuming as we went back inside. Both of us went back to where Shi was making pastries, so no one would spy on us. "That bastard! Who does he think he is touching you like that!" Fire coming from his hands. "I should have hurt him or someth-!" He was cut off as I pressed my lips against his. "N-nevermind... he's not important..." He mumbled out as he gave me a doe eyed look, a heavy blush on his face as a lopsided smile was on.

"Why don't we hurry up and finish so we can go back home?" I suggested as I slapped his face gently.

"Right. Yeah." He nodded determined as he returned to working.

     I turned back to see Shi staring between us. "You don't say anything." I grumbled and pointed at him.

     He jiggled out a laughter before returning to what he was doing.

.

     Zuko and I were sitting in the living room, looking at the ground as Iroh was above us. "I'm not mad. Actually, I'm really glad you two are together. I just wish you would have told me instead of me finding out from that boy." Iroh said.

"We were." Zuko mumbled.

"Oh? When?" He taunted his nephew.

"Soon?" It sounded like he was trying to convince himself more than his uncle.

"I'll make us some tea before continuing." He laughed before he turned away to start making the tea.

     We simply nodded and waited for him to finish.