Fulfilling dreams

Start from the beginning

Amarion and Joey are laying side by side on their stomach and I lay on top of them as mini-me is on top of me. Sorta like a dog pile.

After the camera flashes the men toss us off.

Then we go into our starting positions. The order was of how high our bodies were. So first was Isadore, then me. Then Joey and finally Mari.

"We have one more pose. Mar full plank. Joey narrow push up. Side by side we want levels. Izzy, mini Izzy you already know what to do." Lamar instructs us.

I disregard Lamar's remarks and plant myself in the middle of the two men. Our bodies look like stairs and mini-me climbs on our backs.

"Alright, I think we got the poster. That one was perfect!" Lamar shouts.

Mini-me attempts to get off of us. I have other plans.

"Men let's work these arms...down!" I chant.

Isadore shrieks.

"Up!" I order.

We are doing push-ups with this boy on us.

Isadore rolls off us and we all laugh.

"Alright, all of you can go home," Lamar says leaving with the photographer.

"My mommas here. Bye, y'all!" Isadore runs down the stairs.

"Gotta go get my team." Mari winks and trails away.

"And then there were two." I chuckle.

Joey pulls me closer to him and instantly the sound system blares, "Isabella you break the camera you buy it!" I swear Lamar is a different breed.

"What's that about?" Joey asks me.

I laugh, "kissing breaks the cameras."

Joey hugs me and I have no clue as to why.

"Joey?" I question him.

He takes a deep breath and doesn't say a word.

"You okay?" He has yet to pull away.

He lowers his head in the crook of my neck. He answers with a, "mhmm."

Yet it has an off tone. Almost broken.

I feel something wet rolling down my shoulder.

I gasp, "Joey are you crying?"

He slowly moves his head up and down.

I don't like crying people. Crying gives me anxiety... anything gives me anxiety... except running.

"Why? Did something happen?" I really don't know what to do.

I've never ever seen a man cry or in fact be vulnerable. Well I've seen Mari upset but at least his reasoning was valid. He was mourning.

Joey's hold on me gets tighter, although it is comfortable and secure.

"You didn't have to do it." He whispers.

I'm utterly confused, "what did I do exactly?" I ask nervously.

"You paid off my dad's debt. You're building Abuelito a new barn. You bought Abuela a new horse. You put those kids in school. You made Bruno a successful artist. You got rid of Mason...Liv found a good guy. Lo and Ma ask about you every day. They both refuse to take the money you sent them. Why did you do it?"

I smile. I didn't know my team would work so quickly. I laugh lightheartedly.

"Joey you told me your dreams. And I was a part of it. You told Afi that I'm Why We Run that day. I didn't let it sink in. This is one of our destinations. And since I ruined your dream of having a sane girlfriend but let you achieve your dream of putting my pieces back together...your dreams are now my dreams. Your family is my family. I always take care of my family no matter what. Your dream of helping me was the beginning of the dominoes falling to complete the other ones." I explain.

"You are unbelievable." He murmurs against my neck.

"You deserve this," I tell him.

All of a sudden the lights go out.

Lamar cannot be serious.

If he's gone we are locked in here.

I pull away from Joey and run downstairs disregarding all protests from him.

The office door is locked.

This place barely has windows. It's getting dark and I am starting to freak out because I know that no one else is in here.

"Princess..." the gym has no windows it is pitch black dark on this floor.

"Joey do you have your phone on you?" I ask out.

I get no reply.

I feel hands on my waist and I jump.

"Joey that's not funny we are trapped in here." I push him.

"Would Lamar really leave us trapped in here?" He asks.

I pull on my hair and scream, "yes he would! He's done it before with me and Melissa!"

Joey laughs.

"I don't know what you think is so funny."

Joey picks me up bridal style and starts walking. "Come on remember we work here? Lamar gave me a key because I closed yesterday."

I hit his chest several times. He couldn't have said that earlier?

"We are going to win that race. We have a secret weapon." Joey says.

He sets me down and I pick up my phone to get some light.

"What secret weapon?" I furrow my eyebrows.

Joey points to his right fist and smirks.

De Grasse.

Who's ready?

Who's ready?

I won't lie, the chapters from here on are in facts longer than my regular ones.

We have to end strong you guys.

✌🏾