Chapter 26

Five months later.

Sophia pov

People, habits, and routine changes, but memories stay back. We tend to remember the person who meant the most to us in the happy and the grieving moments. Like said, not every love story happens to have a happy ending, and not every human happens to get to be with the one they love. We got to accept compromises and live with the facts.

'I have been working for the devil for too long, you see, I preyed on things and then I preyed on them and I took it to the corner, got paid off. Listening to one of my favourites tracks as I sing along with the lyrics.

I'm driving to Seattle to meet my best friend with whom I have always been sharing every single thing, no matter how dull it may seem. We have been away for 2 years as however, we had a fight and after that, I was in a relationship, I couldn't get in contact with him as Wyatt hated my male friends.

We have been in touch since I was depressed about what happened after my breakup. He would be here supporting me and making moments better. He never fails to know what I needed when I was not at my best. He offered his shoulder so as I could lean on.

However, the interpretations dream finally stopped, and as Wyatt, he has been doing much better without me as I was secretly checking on him. I wanted to make sure nothing wrong happens to him even though knowing the truth that he never really loved me, but this is what great loves do, they wish happiness for the one they love and pray for their well-being.

We could barely cross each other part after our break up as it was the end of school days and final exams were doing on. Even though being depressed I managed to do my examination and put my whole concentration over there, but hell knows how hard it was when it comes to the night where the memories hit, and I had to take sleep pills to get over them.

After 2 months, I learned he was dating Aurelie. My mysterious guy whom I once knew by the number of my fingers, within his every move I knew what he needed and what going through his mind. But well, who fight destiny, not everything we desire is meant to be.

Maybe it happen in the greatest love story to only be someone's past and only be a reason to bring your life better by knowing the negative things one should avoid. It's been five months and I still think about him each time I close my eyes. Maybe I left my heart over there. 

I didn't realize reaching my destination as I park the car. I notice my best friend's car was already there. As I open the restaurant, it was empty and booked with only one table.

'Shay, why is the restaurant empty, isn't it lunchtime? I say dramatically. 'Will you please say hi like normal people do?' 'Oh yes, hi love' I reach forward as I gave him a kiss on the cheeks. 'You good' he asked. 'I'm better' I answer back giving him a smile. 'Feel pleasant to hear this from you' he says.

Shay was only a few inches longer than me. He has blue ocean eyes and always fashionable that follows each taste. He was mostly good looking but I never thought of taking our relationship to the next level as I didn't want to end our friendship. He's understanding and tends to fall into each weakness I have got recently, he's my mother's favourites. I didn't even expect him to understand when I told him about the curse. I thought he would be afraid or leave when he would know what happened, but he stayed as if he was replacing each moment we missed together.

'Shay, why the restaurant empty' I ask him curiously. 'Did I fail to mention it's a surprise and that I booked the whole restaurant for us?' he says. 'You're scaring me, what are you up to? If you are willing to kidnap me, it's okay. Take me to... Malaysia'

He laughs 'silly girl, noo! I wouldn't want such pain in my ass the whole vacation' he says teasingly. 'This was rude'

As we were talking the waiter serves our favourite meal. I took a picture for my Instagram post and started to eat as if I have never seen food. 'Take your time, it's all yours' shay says as he removes my hair from my face.

After we had dinner, some musicians came and plays a beautiful rhythm with the violins. It was beautiful but surely not my type. Shay looks at my face and says' the best is yet to come I try to understand what he meant when the musicians transformed themselves and turn the restaurant into a fancy club. 'Whaaaatttt' I say as my mouth widely opens. 'So, you planned all this? I say with a wide smile on my face.

'The benefit of being rich and Just to make you happy' he says. 'You did'. He held my hand as we dance to each music being played.

After lunch, we drive to a beautiful lake where we lay, laughing when suddenly everything turns silent. 'It's beautiful to listen, the silent is priceless' I say as shay look at me. 'You should move on Sofia; you are worth more than you think you are and only someone who would know the real you is meant to have you' he says as I smile at his words.

'If only I find this someone' I laugh. 'Take me' he says. I look at him remembering all the things he did for me but fearing to be love again. 'You shall be the one if it's meant to but I won't allow our friendship to be messed up. I'll lose myself forever this time' I say to him as he replies in my same tone' verily, you shall never experience what you did before I assure you to be your cover and anything we'll be facing will be bypassing me before you, and thus our friendship defines the other part of us'

Is he the one or just another curse I have to face?