Chapter 19

Wyatt pov

I wasn't expecting Sofia to come home the other day but at some point, I felt pampered. I could still feel she was dissembling things from me and I would do anything to find out.

Monday evening, my whole family was invited to a business conference dinner. I was expecting our company to have the award we yearn to have as we have been working enough hard for the last few months, but I guess it needs more than it takes. My mother was always here with her positive note if it was not today, it might be next year.

Hours later when we reached home, I was shocked to see my cat laying on the floor dead by poison. I trained her to be smart and she knew how to escape those traps. I wonder how could this happen, I was really fond of her. My mother started over with her superstition stuff and however, it was a bad omen for the cat to die In front of the door. She says a bad shadow entered our house and we needed to purify ourselves.

After the incident, she put a small piece of lemon in each section of the house and a cup of salt narrating if it changes to another color then, it's not a good thing. I don't give credence to those supernatural activities, but for her own satisfaction, I let her do her things, as she was terrified after our cat died. The weird part is when I shared this with Sofia, she was terrified as well and told me to wear protection. I didn't believe she was into this as well.

After summer vacations were over, I was glad to finally be able to see Sofia every day, but I couldn't make it as I suddenly felt queasy even though I was fine the day before. I texted Sofia all day, although she was being eerie, the moment she told me she was on her periods, I understood maybe she needed her attention.

Right when I was about to video call her, I receive a text from her to which I didn't expect to read that max invited her to her house. I could feel my head with all the negative thoughts as I know how flirty max could get when he would have the elbow room.

I immediately put on a pullover and took the keys to head to Swizisters. How the fuck max even thinks to have my girl? Has he lost it? I'm going to break his bones.

I park the car and open the gates as if I was the boss of Swizisters high. 'Max where the fuck are you, come out you whore' I shout as I head to the class. 'Hey man, that's wrong with you take it easy' Max comes out as he tries to calm me down. 'Take it easy, I say as I punch him. 'What the fuck' he moved forward as he feasts his hand for a punch but I manage to miss it. 'Years of Kung Fu lessons help indeed'.

I could feel the rage in him when he pushes me with all his force down. He kneed down to say' Now, can we talk and put your fucking drama aside? I got up and take a seat and utter 'Why did you invite Sofia to your place? You playing around with me?

'What! she told you that? You know that I estimate her as my sister and I would never do awful things to her' He says. ''I know how dear you can take a girl as your sister. I don't fucking want you around her again'' I utter with rage.

'So, the ruler is so in love with the most gorgeous girl of the school'. He says mockingly. 'Yes, I am I respond to him.

'I'm your best friend and I know you more than anyone 'else does. And deep inside you, you know you give everything to love hard, but at the moment you find a better distraction you fade. So, skip that love thing to me. Remember how to cheat on April with the alluring girl at the club, although you loved her. I only know the mysteries you hide. He says as he giggles.

I look at him and sigh 'I agree but Sofia is different'

'I'll leave you not many months, you will end up finding your distractions. And besides, she doesn't seem one of the girls who you might be fooling around. She's as sharp and classy' max says as he put his shoulder on mine. 'Fuck it, man! I'm not like this anymore, go find yourself a whore, and don't ever talk to me again. I said as I make my way to look for Sofia.

I was heading my way inside the building when I notice her standing blank behind the walls. 'Damn shit, I hope she didn't hear a thing' I ran to her but she turns her head away.

I'm doomed.