Chapter 38

"Smile anak." Mom said as she positioned the camera in front of me and do what she wants me to do. I gave her the best smile that I could have and the camera's flash lights up my face.

"Mom, I'm just roam around." Asking for her permission and she just nod her head at me while she was busy preparing some foods at the pick nick table.

I looked at Dad and he was there laughing because he was teasing his wife and utter some corny jokes to her. I just shrug and walked away from them. We're in the park right now and it was our tradition every Sunday to have a family bonding as what Dad implied. To have a quality time together.

The air was fresh and the sun was not that hot. While enjoying the view of the park I heard a loud sob. I just want to ignore it but my curiosity hits me. I looked around to find that sob and under a mango tree there was, I guess, a 4 year old kid crying. Hindi na sana ako lalapit pa ngunit tila may sariling pag-iisip ang mga paa ko at lumapit ako sa kanya.

"Hey, Bakit ka umiiyak?" I asked and he raised his head on me. When he do that it feels like the world move slower. Damn! His cute. His medium curly hair that match his little face. His cheeks that was rosy red and his lips like too smooth to touch...and kiss. His eyes was soak from tears and there's something on me that I don't like seeing him crying. Like I want to protect him at all cost.

"Nawawala ako." He innocently said and cried again. I was alarmed and I don't know what to do to stop him from crying.

"Please, Can you stop crying?" I move closer to him and kneel a little bit to match his height. I pat his back because that what I saw on some movies when someone is crying. Maybe it'll work on him.

"Stop, I'm already here." Pag-tahan ko rito at tumingin siya sa akin. Pinunasan niya ang basa niyang mukha gamit ang kanyang kamay at tumitig sa akin. He has a long and thick eyelashes. He sniffed and the way he looks at me feels like his memorizing my whole existence.

"Prinsipe ka ba?" He asked and I don't know what to say about it but I don't want to sound rude in front of him. That was so random to asked.

"Yeah." my voice sounds uncertain but it's okay just for him.

"So, May palasyo ka?" He ask again and nod again to answer his question awkwardly.

"Ang gwapo mo." He compliment me and I find my self embarrass and shy at what he said to me. I'm getting used on saying that I was good looking but coming from him was like a little bit shy and proud.

"Ah, Thanks." I smile at him and I just scratch the back of my head because I feel shy.

"Kung prinsipe ka dapat may regalo ka sa akin kasi ganon yung napapanood ko." I got alarmed again but when I looked at my wrist I see a tribal bracelet that my lolo gave it to me.

Hinubad ko ito at kinuha ang kanyang kamay ngunit sa paglapat ng aming mga balat ay tila may boltaheng kuryente ang umakyat sa aking katawan papunta sa aking puso at ng tignan ko siya at ngumiti ito biglang bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko. It feels weird and hopeful.

"Yan!" Pagsawalang bahala ko na lang at tinignan niya ang bracelet na binigay ko.

"Halika hanapin natin mga magulang mo." I stand up and he was finally stop sniffing. I was about to walked when he reach my hand and I was stun.

"Tayo na." Ani nito at napailing na lang ako and that very moment I don't know what to call this feeling. I don't even know how to elaborate or name it.

We go to a nearest police station and when we got there a lady rush into him and hug him tightly.

"Cloy, Saan ka ba nagpupuntang bata ka?" Her voice was full of worries. So his name is Cloy. What a cute name and it suits him.