Chapter 23: Heir V Heir / End of 2nd Year

Start from the beginning

A rumble shook the chamber and Riddle turned back to us, with a malicious glare in his eyes. "Let's match the power of Lord Voldemort, Heir to Salazar Slytherin, against the famous Harry Potter and the Heir of Grindelwald."

Snarls were heard from the Chamber as the Basilisk came out, yelling "HUNGRY!" to our ears. I looked back at the Sorting Hat, wondering why Dumbledore had sent it to us.

'Come on, the man's very wise, why would he send the hat?' I thought to myself. 'Unless...'

I reached my hand into the hat and felt around if I could find something. As the Basilisk slithered closer to us, I felt my hand on a handle with some ridges on it.

'That's it! Dumbledore, you clever genius!'

I pulled out the object out of the Hat and raised it toward the snake, revealing itself to be a long silver sword with red jewels in it. There was also letters in red, but I didn't have the time to see what they were. With my wand in my other hand, I yelled, "Expelliarmus!" at Riddle, making him drop Harry's wand as Harry ran over and grabbed it.

"Harry, you take care of Riddle!" I shouted.

"What about you!?" Harry shouted back.

"I'm gonna kill that damn snake on steroids." As Harry fought Riddle, who now possessed a wand of his own, I looked down and inches forward to the snake.

'So, you know now.' The snake said in my head. 'You're Grindelwald's grandson. You're more powerful than you know. Too bad you weren't there for that girl.'

'Shut up.'

'What will she think of you now? A monster? A person who couldn't keep their promise? She'll never care for you anymore.'

'I wasn't able to protect her from you.' I said back to it in it's head. 'But I'm gonna make sure that you aren't going to hurt anyone else anymore.'

'Cause I'm going to kill you, you son of a bitch.'

Harry POV

While Y/N was fighting the Basilisk, I went head-to-head on Riddle.

"Avada Kedavra!" he yelled with his own wand, which I dodged and fired back more spells. "Parseltongue won't save you or Y/N. It obeys me! KILL HIM!" Riddle yelled.

The Basilisk made its move, but Y/N dodged every move with the sword and his wand in his hands. Riddle hit me with another spell, which sent me next to Y/N, causing my glasses to fall off my face. As I put them back on, The Basilisk was right above us.

Before it could attack us, Fawkes flew above it and pecked at its eyes, causing it to groan loudly in pain. "No! Your bird may have blinded the Basilisk, but it can still hear you."

Y/N took his chances and began to slash the sword, making the Basilisk lunge back and rushed toward a stalactite, smashing to pieces and sending us both into opposite directions and Y/N lost his grip on the sword.

"Yes. The process is nearly complete." Riddle said as I went near Ginny's body to protect her. "In a few minutes, Ginny will be dead and I will cease to be a memory. Lord Voldemort will return...very...much...alive."

"Ginny... Luna..." I said as I took Ginny's hand.

The Basilisk was about to attack us once more. I thought these were my last moments alive, until...

"NOT IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT!" Y/N yelled as he stood up. His head was bleeding and blood was coming near the edge of his lip. But he stood tall, and his eyes were two different colors. One was it's normal silverish gray, but the other was electric blue. He maintained a scowl on his face as he charged up to the Basilisk, and the sword magically flew into his hand. He held the sword, protecting me, Ginny, and Luna, ready to kill the Basilisk.