Chapter 37- Don't leave me.

Start from the beginning

—"Avu: You won't leave me and go away will you?
Sid: I won't."
I lied.
I am going to leave her and go away.
Forever.

I look out the window, her face flashing through my mind. That day I had taken her to the bike ride the first time. The day we sat on the edge of the canal.
Then the memory goes dark and the dream comes back to my head. How I broke apart watching Sana with someone else. But I felt empty after losing Avneet. The memory of the bubbles disappearing comes to my head and I try hard to shake it away, coming back to consciousness.

"Sid: why? Do you dream of me often?
Avu: yes. You die in most of them.
Sid: oh."

I wonder if she feels the same awkward pang every time she watches me die in her dreams.

I stare out the car window at everything passing by us. Life is like the same, every day just passing by.
Moving on.
After I'm gone. Avneet will move on too.—

(Ishq Farzi still playing)
Faisu: that voice...
Sid: it's Jannat.
Faisu: yes! Exactly! But how? When since does she sing?
Abhi: I don't know. Let's call and ask!
Sid: yeah! Faisu... do the honors.
Faisu: (rolling his eyes) fine. But don't nag me about this.
(Faisu calling Jannat's number)
Calling
Sid: so say... how do you have Jannat's number?
Faisu: I told you not to nag me about this!

Ringing
Cuts Call

Faisu: she cut it.
Sid: kutch chakkar chal rahi hai Kya?
Faisu: what?! No way!
(Song on radio changes to Yaari Hai and Abhi sings along)

'Goa Jaane ka plan tha meine mana karke Dil Toda!
Do din se girlfriend mujhse baat nahi karne vali '

Faisu: NO WAY! Shut up!
Sid: fine! I'll try from my phone! Let's bet on it. If she picks up it means that she's mad at you specifically and you'll have to apologize for whatever you did. And if she didn't pick up then you're safe!
Faisu: how is this fair!
Abhi: great! Glad to know that you're happy to agree! Now Sid put it on speaker!
Calling

Ringing

00:00
(Abhi and Sid gasps and Faisu just face palms)
(On the call)
Sid: hey! Jannat it's me Siddharth
Jaan: hey! Whassup?
Sid: when since do you sing?! Sounds damn amazing yaar!
Jaan: which song?
Sid: something like Ishq Farzi. Was playing on radio just now. Your voice right?!
Jaan: oh yeah that. Long time ago. Was like 19. Just one song. Not a singer or anything.
Sid: seems like a hit single to me! (Winking at Faisu who returns it with a glare)
Jaan: thanks!
~~~

(At the park as Abhi sets up the hammock and Sid and Faisu set the picnic mat and the food.
All three of them sitting on the picnic mat and munching on pizza)
Faisu: (at Sid) you're succeeding.
Sid: at what?
Faisu: at forgetting Sana. You haven't uttered her name even once since morning.
Abhi: not to mention that you didn't make those horrifying omelettes.
Sid: ouch.
(Abhi and Faisu laugh)
~~~
Avu POV
(At her house. Preet, Arishfa, Ashnoor, Jannat are also there along with Jaijeet and Reemi)
Avu: so... what shall we do today?
Ash: let's go to the mall!
Preet: sounds good to me! I need to get a drawing book too.
Arishfa: great! But on one condition.
Avu: what is it?
Arishfa: if I suddenly tell you guys that we need to go NOW you will have to obey immediately and unquestioningly. Is that clear?!
Jai: (confused) yea sure.
Arishfa: it's cuz today I feel like I'm about to do something big. And I also feel like I'm finally getting somewhere with my case. So just for once today, unquestioningly do what I say.
Reemi: alright. We trust you.

~~~
(At the mall cafe)
Avu: this frappe is sick!
Reemi: no. Trust me it's amazing. Sick is like Siddharth's omelettes. (Making a barfing kinda motion)
Avu: honestly they're not that bad.
Reemi: YES THEY ARE! Now don't remind me of the taste of those things!
Jaan: actually Avu Reem is right on this one, those things are YUCK!
Avu: (mumbling to herself) they are not.
Preet: y'know how in love you seem to ignore all the bad points of the other person?
Avu: (taking a sip of her frappe) I know where you're getting at so just fuck off.
Arishfa: oh. Ok yeah that explains it.
Avu: (glaring at her)
Ash: out should really calm down your nerves my cutesy little Avu.
Jaan: (patting on Avu's back to stop her from killing them) deep breaths hun. They're just kidding. We know that you only love Siddharth as a brother!
Avu: (chocking on her frappe) what in the world! HE IS NOT MY BROTHER! Never ever!
Jaan: and besides being a brother isn't so bad!
Avu: then is Faisu your brother?
Jaan: (choking on her frappe) no! After all I ain't the one dating his brother!
Avu: yeah but you sister is dating him! So does that make you his sister too! No right?!
Jaan: (dramatically) the love is fogging your mind.
Avu: shut up!
—all of us finish our drinks and then hop into UNIQLO to get some clothes.
Immediately scattering all over the summer collections.
I pick up a few blue gradient frilly tops and black shorts and then hop into the hoodie section.
I watch from a distance as she stares at a huge picture on the wall. At first I'm a little lost about why she was so happily staring at it. But when I saw the pic of who is was, I was clear.

Faisu. —

Avu: (going close and whispering into her ear) so say... for how much longer will you stare at him? At this point you might as well start talking to the picture!
Jaan: (immediately brushing her off) shut up! I was not staring.
Avu: 5 minutes straight!
Jaan: (looking away and trying to change the topic) so what stuff did you choose?
Avu: nothing much. Just a few hoodies and summer stuff. I saw some cool earring there too, let's go check em out!
Jaan: yeah! (Looking at the picture of Faisu one last time and just then her phone rings)

Call from Faisu

Avu: Oooo. Speak of the devil and the devil calls!
Jaan: shut up! Don't nag me about this!
Avu: oh I am nagging you! And by the way, how does he have your number?
Jaan: he just does ok! (Cutting the call)
Now let's check out those earrings!
Avu: but why did you cut it? He might feel bad.
Jaan: nah. Just not in the mood. And besides I don't think it's anything important anyway.

Call from Siddharth (on Jaan's phone)

Avu: now why is Sid calling you?
Jaan: Ooo. Don't be jealous he's probably just gonna ask me about you!
Avu: shut up.

Picks the call
00:00
Sid: hey Jannat! It's me Siddharth.
...

(After the call)
Avu: so... what was that about?
Jaan. You know that song I once sang when we were in college.
Avu: yes! Ishq Farzi! Your amazing guy single! (Nudging her on the shoulder and winking)
Jaan: yeah yeah, whatever you wanna call it. It's still playing on radio.
Avu: damn cool! Wouldn't be surprised if its still on the top charts! After all who's sister sang it!
Jaan: (gasping) shut up!
Avu: I call dibs on those earrings! (Jaan chasing Avu as she runs towards the earrings).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vomment!
Next update is gonna take a while I thinks...
But I'm FINALLY getting to the point of this book that I wrote this book for in the first place, so YAAY!
And yeah, y'all should be a little scared.

Until I write again,

<—Sidneetography —>