"Well, if we all said something to them, wouldn't she?" Jack asked.

"No."

"He's going to be locked up well either way. With Gabriels lawyer, she'll find everything and get him convicted and locked up for years to come." Billy stated.

"We all know that Billy, it's the matter that he gets locked up for what he has done to our friend! That rat-eating dick-sucking bastard hurt her, I am not going to let him get away with that." Marco was visibly shaking as he spoke. Rage coming out with every one of his words.

"Danny, be honest with us. How long has this been going on?" Danny looks down again and starts to pace, not answering Billy's question because he can't. He shudders at the thought of it.

"Daniel." Leaning off of his truck, Billy makes his way over to Danny who just ignores the big man. "Answer me." Stopping in front of him, the tall and buff man stands over, intimidating Danny as he just turns away and walks down the parking lot again.

Upsetting Billy in a new way, he stalks over to his friend and angrily grabs him, spinning him around as he holds Danny down, not being able to struggle out of his tight grip, Billy stares at him in a way Danny has ever seen one other time.

It was pure anger. But it wasn't towards Danny himself, it was only because of the situation.

And though Billy was a scary person you don't want to fuck with, he was inside a big teddy bear.

And this scared Danny shitless to see his friend like this.

"Answer me now Daniel."

"I-I cant tell you."

"Bullshit."

"I'm sorry Billy! I can't. I promised Ashley I wouldn't! If I go back on her I will lose her forever. I can not do that to her. I'm sorry."

"I get that you promised her, but someone is going to tell eventually. It sure as hell won't be John and if you are so sure Ashley won't talk, who will?" Danny closes his eyes as a shaky breath comes out, he won't tell.

He refuses to tell even the person he trusts most.

Instead he raises his hand slowly and puts up three fingers. Three single fingers each representing a year. Starting three years ago, it when John had started everything, his threats, his drinking, his very very rare hits, and a few more unspeakable acts.

Thats when Billy drops him and nods. "Thank you." Danny nods as Billy hugs him tightly, understanding why Danny was so reluctant to say anything, but appreciating the fact that he did.

Not verbally or through a text, and in reality he didn't tell Billy.

If anything it looked like he was doing to salute from the mocking bird with his three fingers to everyone else.

I didn't tell, I didn't tell, I didn't tell. Danny is knocked out of his thoughts, literally by Ashley who hugs him tightly all of a sudden. He doesn't remember her getting there.

"Come on." Ashley forcefully pushes him towards the building with her keys in hand to get him walking again.

"Ashley, can we talk to you for a moment?"

"Y-yeah, sure. Can you go upstairs Danny?" Nodding, too scared to talk to her now, Danny takes the keys in hand and waves to everyone else outside as he leaves the scene.

Walking over to everyone still in the parking lot by their cars, Ashley smiles sadly at them as she waits for one to start talking about tonight.

"Are you going to be okay with Danny?"