You looked over in the direction he was looking, and  saw a mop of wild, curly hair.

"I have to go and speak to him!" he said, wandering in that direction.

"I'll make sure he doesn't embarrass himself" Ryan laughed, following him.

"Shall we dance?" the doctor asked you and Yaz.

You both nodded, moving into the crowd of people, bobbing along to the music.

We will rock you suddenly came blasting out from the speakers, and the room went wild.

Every single person was stomping their feet and clamping along to the famous beat.

The room filled with the voices of everyone, singing along.

You found yourself slowly being pulled into the crowd, drifting away from the doctor and Yaz.

You trying to make your way back, but it seemed impossible, trying to get through so many people.

 You felt your chest tighten slightly at the feeling of being surrounded by so many people you did not know.

You manged to push your way through a small gap, to the edge of the dance floor, breathing a sigh of relief.

You tried scanning the crowd for the others, but it was no use.

A corridor, leading to some rooms was behind you, it looked inviting, not full of people, offering you some head space.

You wandered down the corridor, walking past a few rooms, towards a staircase at the end.

The music wasn't quite so loud behind you now, you picked up the sound of a piano, being softly played; the melody pouring down the stairs, your ears gratefully taking in the sound.

As you slowly headed up the stairs, you could make out the tune and realised it was the unforgettable start to Bohemian Rhapsody.

At the top of the stairs, you looked to the right and saw a room with its door half open, where the music was coming from.

You took a few steps forwards and gently pushed it open.

At the back of the room was a grand piano, its keys being played by a true legend.

The dark hair and moustache, the outrageously fabulous outfit, equipped with black jacket, with tasselled shoulder pads...

He turned his head in your direction as you entered the room and grinned at you.

His famous overbite caught your attention, you admired him for never getting it fixed, he was proud of how he looked and said that the extra space in his mouth improved his vocal range.

You just stood there, staring open mouthed in amazement at him.

"You're Freddie fucking Mercury..." you managed to get out.

"If I'm not greeted like that from now on... I shall be very disappointed" he laughed.

He spoke with a slightly posh accent.

"Didn't your mother tell you it was rude to stare" he laughed.

"Err, sorry!" You quickly said, closing your gaping mouth.

"It just doesn't seem real, you sitting there!" you grinned.

"I'm joking darling...stare away, take in my fabulousness" he laughed.

Freddie took his fingers of the keys and faced towards you, sitting on the piano stool.

"Please take a seat my dear" he said, gesturing to the sofa beside the piano.

You quickly sat down, a cute little cat was curled up beside you, it purred and placed its head in your lap as you sat, you stroked it behind the ears.

"Cute cat, is it yours?" you asked.

"I found him wandering in the garden, probably the neighbours, he followed me inside, I couldn't refuse that cute little face" he smiled.

"I thought it would only be a matter of time, before someone realised I was missing from the party, did Rodger send you?" Freddie asked.

"I kind of accidentally found you" you explained, "I've only just arrived...I got separated from my friends, there were so many people. I ended up walking down a corridor and then heard the piano and was curious to see who was playing it."

"Ahh, a wanderer" he laughed.

"I suppose I did wander off...oh great, I'm going to be in trouble later" you sighed.

"Relax, a little trouble never does anyone any harm" he laughed.

"So, who invited you, do you know one of my band mates?" he asked.

"Err..." you weren't sure what to say.

"Relax...we don't know half the people here, it just makes it more fun" he laughed.

"I just have to say, I'm a massive fan of queen! You are so inspirational and so talented, you're quite the legend sir" you said.

"Well, I've always said, the reason we're successful darling? My overall charisma, of course" he laughed.

"I was just having a quiet moment to myself, before the craziness begins" Freddie said.

"I'm sorry I interrupted...would you like me to go?" you asked.

"Of course not, my dear, you are quite welcome...you look like you needed some head space yourself" he smiled.

"Can I offer you a drink?" he asked.

"Sure" you nodded.

He poured you both out a glass of expensive looking whisky, from a beautifully crafted bottle.

"Thanks" you smiled, taking it.

You went to take a sip, but found yourself delighted by the taste and the burning sensation that hit your throat,  you hadn't felt it  in a while...you ended up drinking the whole thing.

Freddie looked at you with a raised brow.

"Impressive" he smirked, "Does it not burn your throat?" he questioned.

"Yep" you laughed, "Just how I like it".

"Here" he said, pouring you another glass.

"Do you sing, or play?" he asked.

"I play Piano and Guitar and love to sing" you smiled.

"Excellent!" he grinned, grabbing you by the hand and pulling you onto the stool, beside him.

"Sing with me?" he asked.

You couldn't quite believe what was happening.