Anger

"Where do you think you're going?" the doctor glared at you.

"Away from there, slight misunderstanding" you said.

"I'm so disappointed in you for wandering off, by yourself, I thought we'd lost you" the doctor said.

You suddenly felt really angry, you found it so difficult to control your anger since you lost your family.

"look, I was with Graham and Ryan but then I saw a sign saying V.I.P and thought that it might be a good place to go for some answers. I knocked on the door and he was just lying there and said that he wasn't expecting me for a while, I tried to explain I wasn't who he was expecting, but he was really interested in how I looked and still asked me to join him. Then one thing led to another.." you almost shouted.

"You just couldn't help yourself, could you?" the Doctor shouted.

"WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE!" you were shouting now.

"(y/n) you need to calm down, the doctor was just worried that something had happened to you" Graham said.

"I can see what you meant when you said about anger issues now" the doctor glared at you.

Your heart was beating rapidly inside your chest, you were breathing erratically and you could only feel pure anger now. You saw red and really wanted to throw or punch something.

"You need to calm down (y/n)" Yaz said trying to put a hand on your arm.

You shrugged it off, there was a cabinet beside you with various ornaments and you couldn't stop yourself from grabbing a vase and throwing it so that it shattered against a wall, while you let out a scream of anger.

They all looked at you in shock.

"you lot go, I'll talk to her, meet you in reception in a bit?" Yaz said to the others, the doctor looked hesitant to leave, looking at you with concern but agreed and began to walk away.

You had sat down leaning your back against the wall, you were shaking slightly with your fists clenched. Yaz came and sat next to you.

"Go away" you said angrily.

Yaz just sat down beside you, not saying a word, waiting for you to calm down, she had learnt about dealing with anger when training with the police.

"why did I do that?" you sighed, putting your head in your hands, resting them on your knees, a tear rolled down your cheek.

"Hey, it's ok, you were angry, we all get angry sometimes" she said calmly.

"Yes, but I'm almost angry all the time, and I when I see red, I can't stop." You replied.

"Has it always been this way?" Yaz asked.

"No, it started after I lost my family" you whispered.

"That explains a lot, people deal with loss in different ways, some people become withdrawn or get upset, some get depressed and some feel angry" she said looking at you.

"I really need to learn how to control my temper" you replied, "It's got me in so much trouble before, I was expelled from several schools, always getting into fights, I've gotten in trouble with the police before as well, but that was because I was drunk and stupid and started a fight at a bar" you sighed.

"What made you so angry today?" she asked.

"I don't know, I guess I just don't like being shouted at, I mean, I deserved it and realise why the doctor was cross now, she was just worried that something could of happened to me." You said.

"She always worries, she doesn't want to lose anybody, and she cares about you, we all do" Yaz said, she gently took your hand.

"I'm really not use to it. People caring about me. Since I lost my mum I've just learned to look after myself, I've never had any guidance, any direction and I guess I just got a little freaked out at the fact the Doctor was giving me some" you sighed.

"I shouldn't have wandered off, I wasn't thinking."

"The doctors face was priceless though when she opened the door" Yaz laughed.

You laughed too and leant your head on her shoulder.

"I'm really sorry that I threw that vase. Thank you for talking to me, you've really helped" you said giving her a meaningful smile.

"That's ok, I'll be here whenever you need me" she smiled, "You know we all will be, the doctors really good at listening and I bet she can help you to find a way to help you to control it" she added.

"That's if she'll ever forgive me" You said, sadness in your eyes.

"The doctors a very forgiving person, she has a very big heart" Yaz said.

"She really is wonderful, I'm such an idiot!".

"You're a troubled soul (y/n), I was once, I ran away from home at fifteen, I'd had enough off everything, I was in trouble at school, my grades were down, I was being bullied. I didn't think anyone else cared or understood me. The police had to come and find me. The women I met that day inspired me to become a police officer, things do get better" she said.

 The women I met that day inspired me to become a police officer, things do get better" she said

"really? You don't seem like the person to do that. You seem so confident and strong" you said.

"Well sometimes I feel like a swan swimming, I may look like I'm confident above the water, but below my feet are paddling about like crazy" Yaz laughed.

You felt so much calmer now, "Thank you Yaz..for everything" you said standing up. You held out your hand and helped Yaz up too.

"Now, I've got some apologising to do" you sighed, both of you heading off to the reception area.