'She's somewhere out there.'

Start from the beginning

I was brought back to reality, when Zayn joined Liam’s and Lou’s conversation.

“Actually, Liam is right, Louis.” Zayn tried to moderate the two. “Once the next person rolls the dice, you can’t—“

Rolling the dice? Are the lads in the middle of some intense philosophy session with Zayn or what is this arguing about?

“Fine, don’t pay me.” Louis, being his sassy self, stomped his Toms-clad feet over to the couch, and that’s when I noticed the Monopoly box lying on the right side of the couch. He grabbed a wad of Monopoly money, before walking back and sitting down on his spot.

“Lou, that’s cheating.” Niall quietly pointed out, biting his thumb. His voice trembled a little. It was more than apparent that the little leprechaun was shit scared of the game-on version of the Doncaster lad.

Louis scoffed. “No, it’s getting what I deserve.” He said, going over his fake money, bill by bill.

Sassy princess.

Liam groaned. “I don’t want to play anymore.” Putting his money on the table and pushing it forward, he stood up and went over to the couch, sitting down.

“Yeah, you always cheat.” Zayn said to Louis, joining Liam on the couch.

Shortly after, Niall, Zayn, and Liam were seated on the couch, with their arms crossed, frowning at Louis, who was still counting his fake bills on the floor.

Louis shrugged. “More for me.” He took the bunches of bills that previously belonged to the other contestants, and blended them with the wad he has holding. He then proceeded to reach across the table to grab the two number cubes and jiggle them in his hand, ready to roll them.

Seriously.

***

“Pass the spaghetti, will you?” A mouth-full Niall asked Zayn, who did as he was requested.

The five of us were sitting at the table, eating dinner. This time, it had been my turn to cook, and I had prepared Bolognese spaghetti and a mix of boiled vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and such), along with garlic bread. The lads were munching calmly, not bothering to start conversation. Which was odd to happen in this house.

“Oh.” Liam shot his eyebrows upward, probably remembering something. He patted a napkin to his mouth. “Hazza and I have a surprise for you guys.”

“Aw, Harreh, you didn’t have to.” Louis cooed, reaching across the table to pinch my cheek.

I smacked his hand off, and gave Liam a confused look.

“While Haz and I were buying the ingredients he needed for dinner, I received a call from management.” Liam took a pause, looking at the lads’ focused expressions.

“And?” Zayn urged.

And…” Liam emphasized, sparing a pointed glance at the Bradford band member. “We’re going to have an interview next week.”

“Typical.” Niall shrugged, stabbing a cauliflower with his fork and bringing it to his mouth.

“It’s not just another typical interview.” Liam looked pointedly at Niall, before grinning at the rest. “It’s an interview on ‘Creeping on the Stars’.”

Silence.

"So?"

Oh, for the love of God. I rubbed a hand down my face in frustration, looking tiredly at Louis through the gaps of my fingers.