Ch.30 The Aces of Itachiyama

Start from the beginning

"Exactly, so why you crushing on him?" Shizuka bickers as she got ready.

"I just realized that now. It's not like you like someone on the Boys team as well." Seika bites back as the 3rd years groan to each other. Here we go again. 

"Shush! I know how to handle it." Shiuzka ends it as she walks out of the door. 

"Whateva." Seika rolls her eyes before everyone else started to file out. Miyuki stayed in the bathroom to wash her hands thoroughly before putting on her mask. Hekima was still their. 

"Miyuki," Seika peeks by the wall near the vanities. "just want to let you know, some girls were trying to touch him but Sakusa-kun sprayed them out of the blue before running into the gym." That made Miyuki laugh in her mask which the 3 first years gawks at her like what the heck? Their scary-looking ace is laughing for once and even if it's muffled, they can still hear the genuine sound clearly. 

"What can I say? Sakusa does that sometimes in our class. I'm bet he'll be holding a spray bottle before getting on the bus." Miyuki walks out of the locker room as the 3 first years just looked at each other, stunned. 

"Eh, Miyuki-san act like she knew what would happen." Hekima stammers. "Makes her dangerous on the court nonetheless." 

"Her vigilance and attentiveness is on point." Seika sneered. "It's annoying for the opponents going up against her. It's even pissing me off sometimes. Gives me headaches just to understand Miyuki-san's thinking." 

"At least she's on this team." Hina countered. "We wouldn't have made it this far without someone who's just as good as Sakiko-senpai."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miyuki's POV

It's a little nerve racking. To be playing on the center court for the championship. We're playing before the Boys. Keiji-kun texted me last night, saying that they'll be in the Finals as well. I wished him good luck because I remembered what Kiyoomi said about him. I waved at him before going onto the court with my jacket on my shoulders. Keiji-kun was with Bokuto-kun, standing near the barricades, blending in with the crowd. 

Keiji-kun smiles before he waves back. I turned to the court and see Hisamitsu High School, waiting for us. They look so serious. I feel an aggressive aura in them, better to keep ourselves on our toes. Rotational Defense is used in the professional league as well, so most girls might go to pro. 

Kairi informed us that we'll be serving first. I moved my arms to get them warmed up. I can hear our school cheering, see cameras everywhere, people everywhere but not  single boy from the volleyball team. Maybe they're warming up in the sub arena. I can hear boys calling my name. I didn't know I would get fanboys. Kinda weird from America. Mai sets the ball to me as I spike to the ball as hard as I can and snapping it down with my wrist so it won't go all the way out. Snapping your wrist while spiking, can surely control your power, control where the ball would land. That's what I learn in volleyball. It's not just the palm of your hand, you need to you use everything, every body part to be in sync and flow like water to land a perfect kill. 

"Let's have a great game!!" 

Kiyoomi's POV

I stand by the barricades with the team. Ignoring the girls whose screaming. I stayed a few feet away from anyone around me and watched Miyuki in a mega rally. The score is 8-10. Hisamitsu's defense is really good. They seemed to play that only when Miyuki is hitting. They do a lot of moving yet they seemed so calm. 

Miyuki went up and spiked but got stuffed by the block as it bounces off of her shoulder when she landed. She got out of the way for Shizuka to dig it up. Kairi sets her up again as she then does a feint towards the middle of the net where the Middle Blocker couldn't get it. I saw Miyuki whispering something to Mai as she nods. Now it was Mai turn to serve. I can see Miyuki showing one of her hand signals behind her back.