Chapter 27- Mutiny

"Why do you always say that?" Jack questioned as we slowly followed after the rampage of pirates.

"Well because most of the time it doesn't end well for us."

"You need to learn to be a bit more optimistic Luv."

Jack and I walked up the stairs and snuck around the chaos to Angelica's room I had only been following Jack not paying attention to where we were going. So when Jack opened the door to reveal the sleeping woman I was certainly confused.

"Why are we here?"

"I thought a little warning may be in order."

A little talk to Angelica ended up with Jack nearly getting a sword through the head as he shut the door on a now fully awake and angry Angelica. Jack looked to me a little startled and I just looked back with a smug expression and my arms crossed.

"Now shall we actually get to some fighting?" I questioned eagerly.

"Yes, just one thing first."

"Wha-"
Jack pulled me into a long kiss which was broken by one of the zombified crew swinging his sword at us. I jumped back and drew my sword.

"Way to ruin the moment! "

Whilst Jack dealt with him I turned my attention to the others. I rushed up the stairs to find a target. Swords clashing together rang out loudly all across the ship.

The zombified crew members were proving difficult to dispatch as I fought with the other pirates. I held my own against them but they were strong the only advantage I had was being swifter and more agile than my opponent.

It became clear that they wouldn't be killed easily so we did the next best thing. We tied them up. Jack was shouting orders from somewhere I couldn't quite see as I, with a few others, wrestled the crew and tired them up hoping they wouldn't break free of their bonds.

Once the fighting had stopped Jack declared, "The ship is ours!"

Then the door behind Jack crept open and an eerie silence washed over the ship. Out stepped Blackbeard with a bottle of rum at his lips and an emotionless expression on his face. Jack slowly crept away moving down the stairs hoping he would not be seen.

"Gentleman-" Blackbeard smashed the bottle he'd been holding at the end of the steps stopping Jack"- I be placed into bewilderment. There I were, resting and upon a sudden, I hear an ungodly row on deck.
Sailors abandoned their posts, without orders, without leave."

I noticed Blackbeard had a hand on his sword and the ropes and riding began to move seemingly at his command.

"Men, before the mast...taking the ship for themselves. What be that, First Mate? Black beard questioned. I stepped away from the rigging beginning to summon the water around the ship to me unnoticed.

"Mutiny, Captain, " Angelica answered.

"Again?" Blackbeard said a hand cupped to his ear.

"Mutiny!"

"Aye...mutiny. And what fate befalls mutineers, now we know the answer to that...do we not? Mutineers... HAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!" He shouts drawing his sword and pointing it to the blackened sky.

The sails fall open and flared as air filled them causing the ship to lurch forward sharply. Men cried out in surprise but that was not the end.

The rigging came alive and ropes jumped out ensnaring their victims yanking them off the deck.

I managed to form a shield of water around myself though it was taking almost all my energy and concentration to do so. Ropes jabbed at the outside of the bubble of water to get me but their efforts were fruitless. They turned to easier targets. One sailor tried to jump ship but he was snatched up before he could even touch the cold blue water.

Once the shouts had subsided I gazed up and saw all the crew hanging struggling against the ropes to no avail. Jack was currently dangling upside down in front of Blackbeard.
Though Blackbeard's attention did not stay on him for long. The Captain sheathed his sword sending Jack to the floor with a thunk.

"Now what a curious sight is this, " he said walking past Jack to me.

"You must be one of the daughters of Davy Jones. I must say this trick is certainly impressive." He poked the water shield sending a ripple over it. I removed the shield and let the water flow back to the sea.

"I am Celeste Jones the Pirate King, daughter of Calypso and Davy Jones" I introduced.

"Welcome aboard the Queen Annes revenge Miss Jones, " he said with the ghost of a smile before returning his attention to Jack. He and Angelica stood over him and Blackbeard pulled out a pistol.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, " I warned staring down Blackbeard.

"And why is that?"

"You kill him I'll destroy your ship, " I said plainly.

"Not if I shoot you first."

Angelina put a hand on her father's arm.
"Father don't, we need them, " she whispered.

"If I dont kill a man now and again they forget who I am."

"Coward!"

All of us looked in the direction of the voice.
Out marched a young man clutching a Bible. He declared that Blackbeard was a miscreant and a coward. Not exactly the smartest thing to say to such an infamous pirate but I admire his bravery or... Stupidity.

The man also got threatened with the pistol but in the end, all three of us survived. It was the cook who didn't do so well.

We all watched from the bow of the ship as the cook rowed for quite literally his life it seemed for he had been the man in watch despite Jack's claims that it had been him. The flames in the oils lamps quivered as more people gathered to see what was going on.
I felt a hand lock with mine and looked up to see Jack beside me.

"Thanks for stopping him shootin me Luv."

"Well, I've saved your life many times before why should I stop now, " I smirked leaning into his side.

I stared out at the cook who was rowing as fast as he could. He was clearly terrified as would anyone in his position. No one really knew what was going to happen save for Blackbeard.

"Course made!" Blackbeard called.

"Stop give the man a chance! Give yourself-" the young man didn't even get to finish his sentence as flames erupted from the ship as it shot over the waters smothering the longboat. My eyes widened. I had not been expecting that. The cook's death was certain but by fire. I couldn't think of much worse.

The flames danced and the wood of the boat crackled with the immense heat.

"Again!" Black cried. The flames swarmed out once more lighting up the night.