Chapter 47 - A New Ship

Night was settling in as we reached the shore the sky was filled with hues of blue and purple slowly fading into black.

Stepping onto the deck of the port I took in the familiar sight of port royal looking at it in a little less disdainful way. For most of the time, I had been here choice had not been a part of it and it was not as if I was well-liked here either.

The strangest of all I felt was the realisation that port royal was no longer the home of commodore Norrington nowhere is nor ever will be.

"Ready to find a ship Luv?" Jack inquired offering me his hand which I took.

"Aye," I smiled as we headed down the length of the slightly rotted wooden path.

"Oi, it's four shillings to dock your boat!" An older man called after us stopping out smooth saunter down the dock.

I turned to the man with an incredulous look and a hand by my side my finger pointed downwards and slowly spinning as I called upon the water sending up from the sea and looping itself around the man's feet. Drawing my hand up the water began to encircle the man who looked half stunned and half offended.

"How about you forget we were ever here?" I smiled sweetly at the man who nodded frantically. "Good," With a flick of my wrist the man went flying into the water with an exorbitant cry.

"That certainly works better than a bribe," Jack remarked staring slightly wide-eyed at where the man had been standing.

"Yes it does and means we don't have to part with any money," I added kissing Jack on the cheek and dragging him off towards the docks that housed the prized ships of the royal navy.

Five ships were lined up in a row bobbing lightly up and down in the deep blue waters all looking good vessels to start a new adventure.

"How many men?" I asked as Jack peered around the large wooden beam we had hidden behind upon hearing footsteps.

"Two...I think. Wait here I'll deal with them," Jack declared popping out from behind the team and sauntering up to the two large and heavily armed guards that had been marching up and down the dock.

Even though I was too far away to quite make out the exchange between the three men I could tell it wasn't exactly going in Jack's favour. As I crept across the water, I had learnt that I could walk across it for a short time by forcing it to be almost solid beneath my feet, one of the guards, unsurprisingly the larger of the two glared at Jack with lips pressed tightly into a line. The other guard seemed more concerned with the wrath of his companion despite not being aimed at him.

Just as things got as bad as I would allow - Jack being on the unfriendly end of navy issue rifle- I stepped back onto the dock feeling a little tired from using my powers.

"As entertaining as it would be to see my husband charm his way out this situation as he always does, I'm afraid we have somewhere to be mate and I'm not in the habit of being late to a date with a boatload a treasure," I declared drawing my pistol and pressing it against the skull of the tall, broad and imposing figure.

I was a little surprised when I heard the cocking of a gun next to me but any respect for the man fizzled out as he lifted the gun in my direction with shaking hands and wide eyes. Between the smooth completely unscathed skin and the somewhat too innocent look in his eyes, it was clear this boy was young perhaps not more than eighteen. No wonder he feared his companion so much.

"Don't lad, just don't," Jack warned pointing his own pistol at the boy.

"She's a witch! I saw- I saw her! She walked across the water." He cried staring at me with eyes full of terror.