Chapter 51: Time well spent

The breeze was gentle and cool, it swirled around the sails pushing the ship closer and closer to our destination though unfortunately, it would not be our final one.

I sat upon the top of the mainmast, my boots padding against the sails as they swung back and forth. The night was quiet and peaceful something I wasn't used to in the slightest.

I gazed up at the sky enjoying the swirling hues of darl blue and purple that danced about as day melted into night. One by one stars began to appear making it look all the more enchanting.

"Are you planning on spending the whole night up here all on ya lonesome?" A comforting voice questioned as a tanned hand gripped the top of the mast.

"Haven't decided and technically it's not night yet," I corrected taking Jack's other hand and helping up to sit beside me.

"You know what I mean Luv," He chuckled as I shuffled closer to him.

"I do but why pass on a chance to annoy my husband?" I laughed lightly leaning into him as his arm crept around my waist.

Jack chuckled.
"Aye, why would ya? Not like you have many opportunities to do so," He commented with a sarcastic edge.

"I thought I was supposed to be the sarcastic one?" I questioned glancing up at Jack who was already smiling down at me. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine.

"Well, when you spend sixteen years with someone you tend to pick up a few things," He pointed out. The breath of his words was warm against my skin.

"So that's why I've been falling down stairs more often?" I laughed as he playfully scowled at me.

"Remind me why I put up with you?"

"Because you married me Jackie and because you couldn't stay away from me even if you tried," I declared quietly my face inching closer to his as I spoke.

"Is that so?" He returned almost in a whisper trying to close the final inch of space between us.

"We could always test if you like?" I offered pulling away sharply and smirking at the disappointed look on Jack's face.

"Let's not do anything too drastic," He said pulling me back. This time the kiss was longer and more heated both of us caught up in the moment until a chorus of voices split through the warm night air.

"Are we nearly there yet?"

Jack and I broke apart wearing the same disappointed expression. Glancing down below we spotted the four teenagers huddled together and all staring up at us - Storm and Atlas wore slight looks of disgust no doubt from what Jack and I were doing. With a deep sigh, I swung my feet down onto the netting and began my descent.

"Come on Jackie," I huffed.

"Do you see an island anywhere with great big palm trees?" Jack questioned as his boots thudded against the floor his arms spread gesturing to the wide expanse of ocean surrounding us.

"No," Storm replied.

"There's your answer," I said taking Jacks hand and pulling him in the direction of our quarters.

"Where are you going?" Alaris questioned.

"To bed," I replied with a grin noticing the smile that spread over Jack's face.

"What if we have any more questions?" Dominique inquired crossing her arms.

"Ask Mr Gibbs!" Jack called back.

"What if Gibbs can't answer them?" Storm retorted.

"If they're anything like that one Mr Gibbs is more than qualified," Jack answered as we reached the door to the captain's quarters.