Chapter 18- Further In

The wind picked up and the rain hit harder as the whirlpool formed. It was like a chasm opened up in the middle of the sea.

"Barbossa we need you at the helm, " Elizabeth yelled. I rushed around the ship helping where I could.

"Celeste where be the Dutchman, " I looked back behind us and then ran to the helm. "On our stern and gaining, " I said loudly over howling winds.

"More speed, " Barbossa yelled to the crew. Nagio joined us at the helm and so did Will.

"We need to take her out or she'll overbear us, " Ngaio said.

"Nay Further in. Cut across faster waters, "Barbossa challenged steering the pearl further inwards.

"Captain the guns, " Gibbs yelled.

Ngaio and I started making our way toward the cannons.

"Where are ya going?"

"We like blowing stuff up and getting on revenge on Dad is a bonus, " I explained.
Nagio and I readied cannons and waited to fire.

"Fire, " We heard someone yell and we did. We jumped to the side as a cannonball shot through the wood right next to me.

"Right let's get back to the others. "

"Aye. Maybe above deck, we won't get shot at, " I said.

After clambering up the stairs as the ship swayed and jolted from the rough seas and winds we looked to the side of The Pearl we saw some of Dads crew boarding. We charged at them immediately getting into the fight.
The ship shook and tilted and we slide across the deck slightly and we fought back to back. Crunch. The masts of the two ships collided propping both of them up and stopping us falling into the abyss.

I scewered the crew member I was fighting in the eye and moving away to find another opponent when I saw Jack and Dad fighting on the mast.

"Nagio I'm going to get Jack!" I yelled. She looked up to where Jack was nearly falling off the mast as he dodge an attack.

"Good luck!"

I raced up the mast of the Pearl and saw Jack dangling over the edge grasping one handle of the chest whilst dad held the other.

"Oh screw it, " I exclaimed grabbing a rope and swinging over towards Jack. He was flung into the air by Jones and I caught Jack whilst swinging past. He grasped the rope tightly.

"Told ya I'd come for ya Jackie," I smiled.

"Thanks, Luv, " he replied clutching the rope but glancing at something over my shoulder.
We swung around again Jack grabbed my pistol.

"Oi. That's mine!"

"I'm only borrowing it, " With that he shot the chest out of Dads hand and it crashed to the deck of the Dutchman.

"He looks pissed, " I observed. Looking at Dad.

"Aye, " Some of the crew came towards us swinging on ropes one was about to slice Jack but I twisted the rope so I took the blow instead. Jack didn't notice the blade had actually cut me and I wasn't about to tell him. We dealt with the of the crew when lost my grip and fell. The drop wasn't too far but I still hurt like hell. The enemy was on me in seconds. I drew my sword and retaliated. I was fighting by the wheel and we ended up at opposite sides of it. I pulled it towards me causing the handles to hit him in the face. I laughed before he lunged at me again with a wave of new anger. I was beginning to feel the effects of blood loss as I disarmed the crew member and shoved my sword through his heart. I saw Dad throw Jack to the floor and I went down the stairs to get to him but fell halfway falling beside Jack.

" Celie you alright?" He questioned.

"Just peachy, " I said sarcastically coughing and soluttering. Jack smiled but that changed as soon as he saw how red my shirt was.

"Oh, Celeste." For the first time I saw genuine fear in his eyes.

"I'm sorry Jack, " I said crumbling forwards.

"Just stay awake Luv, " He pleaded clutching me tightly.

I tried and tried forcing myself awake but the call of the darkness was overwhelming. Soon Jacks voice, the chaos of the storm, the yelling and fighting all blurred into one and then faded into nothing.