Chapter 46 - Treaure Awaits

With our new treasure and Jack almost healed it was time for us to depart once more. Saying goodbye to my family would never be easy especially when seeing them was so hard. Though we would always have a few small run-ins and sent letters to each other. It was always hard to do.

But it was time my sister and brother in law got back to their duties. I had already seen what the effects of my mother curse could do to a person. To lose any more family to this curse I would not allow and so on this day Jack and I were to leave.

When Ngaio had told the twins that morning whilst Jack and I had still been lounged in bed still tired and slightly hungover from the goodbye celebration of the night before.

"Are you really leaving!" Storm cried bursting into the small room closely followed by her twin.

"Turn the light out," Jack grumbled burying his face under the duvet.

I squinted and blinked rapidly shielding my eyes from the intruding rays of glaring sunlight.

Once they'd adjusted from the sudden change I saw the two small sad figures staring at Jack and me. My eyebrows knit together as I pursed my lips and thought of what to say.

"You know, we can't stay forever. Your parents have a job to do and Jack cannot stay there in this ship when it dives like we can," I slunk off the bed and onto the hard wooden kneeling in front of the twins with open arms.
They threw themselves at me and I hugged them back tightly.

"We will write and we won't be gone forever," I assured finally letting the two go but resting a hand on each other arms.

Both twins looked at me with a sad expression the down but close moment made a little brighter by the further complaints on my husband in the background.

"Oh quite complaining Jackie!" I slapped him on the forehead causing the twins to giggle behind me.

"Not the head Celie, not the head," he grumbled slowly sitting up and clutching his head in his hands.

I loud rapping of knuckles on the wooden door frame caught our attention. There stood Ngaio a subtle grin across her tanned face, dark dreadlocks swaying slightly as she cocked her head to survey the strange scene.

"Storm, Atlas go find your father. He's got a fun job for you two," she said with a smile.

"Last time you said that we were scrubbing the decks for the whole day!" Storm exclaimed to her mother throwing her arms about dramatically. I chuckled lightly smiling down at the small girl as I settled next to Jack on the bed.

"Yes well, that time you had soaked me from head to toe and managed to knock your father off the ship with a massive wave!" Ngaio returned and I could tell she was trying not to laugh and look proud at the same time.

I burst out laughing not confined by the limits of having to be a responsible parent.

"It's nothing bad now go," Ngaio grinned chasing the twins from the room as they laughed.

"Need something?" I questioned with a grin and sliding off the bed and dragging Jack up by the hand but failing to get him on his feet.

"Will and I found something you guys might want to see," She answered flicking a few braids of dark hair behind her slim shoulders and sauntering from the room.

"Could she be any more vague?" Jack inquired staring at me with furrowed broad and a half confused look shattered across his tanned face.

"Probably," I said with a nod of my head "but if she did she would be speaking in riddles you're too hungover to understand," I teased turning to face him. Grabbing both his hands, I took a step back finally pulling him from the warmth and comfort of the bed and wrapping his hands around my waist. My arms found their way around his neck as I closed the remaining space between us.