Prologue | RIP To The Girl You Used To See

As it's a prologue, this chapter's finna be short. Real chapters will range from about 1700-2500 words, maximum. Enjoy!

 Enjoy!

"Mum... I really know you can't hear me right now, but I'd just like to say that I really miss you, and things really haven't been the same without you at all."

Kazenosuke and his younger sister Candi Rose were right in front of their mother's grave, looking down at it in silence, holding a bunch of flowers too.

It had now been about three or so years since she had sadly passed away, and even though they were used to her death now?

Castallaneta (their mother) dying had just seemed pretty surreal to be honest.

She had died of tuberculosis complications, and Kazenosuke had visited her grave more than enough times now.

He had placed a lot of flowers on her grave in the past, and he had just done so now, crying in the far distance.

It was his 21st birthday today, and Destiny was planning him a surprise party, but obviously he didn't know that.

He had just kept on thinking about his mother's death, as well as when he had found out just under three years ago now that she had died in the first place.

"I'm scared, Kazenosuke."

"There's nothing to be scared about, Candi Rose."

But there was.

Their mother may not even have ended up alive.

If that was the case...

Where would they have stayed?

Exactly.

Candi Rose was just about to say something but she didn't, because just then a staff member had called her and her brother, and it was about their mum.

"How is she?" Candi Rose had asked, squeezing her brother's hand really tightly.

The staff member didn't know what to say.

It was the same one that had kindly told them to wait in the waiting room in the first place.

Either way, she wasn't happy.. and she didn't know how to break the news to them that their mum had just died.

"Uhm... well. There's no easy way for me to say this but..."

But what?