John Marston: Time to Think

Start from the beginning

"Abigail!" John stepped forward, about to do something stupid.

"Fuck" you placed a hand on John's chest, the silent reminder of what would happen if he went out there holding him back. Even though you wanted to run out there and shoot the detective as well.

"There's your deal" Agent Milton smirked, gesturing to the two lifeless bodies in front of him.

"Hosea..." Dutch whispered to himself as Arthur smashed the window, being the first to shoot.

Following Arthur's lead, you and John upholstered your guns and shot at the agents. A shoot out breaking out between the two groups.

"There's too many of them" John grunted as he fell back behind some cover, reloading his gun.

"Arthur's working on it" you told him, glancing over your shoulder to see him setting up explosives on one of the walls.

Arthur blew a hole in the wall and Dutch sent him to the rooftops. You and John stuck together, you had always worked well together and didn't plan on leaving each other behind. But the Pinkertons just kept coming, eventually getting into the bank before you could all escape through the fallen wall.

"John!" you shouted as one of the Pinkertons forced him into a pair of handcuffs, trying to alert the others of what was happening.

"Everyone out" Dutch ordered. But you didn't listen, you rushed to to help John instead. Well, you would have if Dutch hadn't grabbed your arm and held you back.

"Dutch? Wha-!" you fought against him as Dutch hauled you out of the bank, John was already being walked out of the front door and away from you all. Even if you got back there, it was too late.

Arthur turned when he saw the rest of the gang climbing the ladder onto the rooftop, frowning when he saw your distress.

"Get your hands off of me, you bastard!" you snapped as you pulled your arm out of Dutch's grasp.

"Watch your mouth" Micah warned you.

"Bite me" you snarled as the blonde passed you.

"What happened?" Arthur's brow furrowed in confusion. You wouldn't just act like that for no reason.

"We lost John" Dutch told him.

"Killed?" Arthur asked, his face falling.

"Arrested...I couldn't help" Dutch sighed.

"Wouldn't help" you corrected him, earning a tired glare. A gentle hand landed on your shoulder, making you look up to see Charles, as he ushered you away before you really did kill Dutch.

"Well we better go or we'll be next" you heard Arthur sigh as you walked away.

"What happened?" Charles asked lowly, leaning down to your ear, knowing that neither of you wanted Dutch to overhear.

"John got arrested...we could've done something but Dutch just...he grabbed me and told the others to go. We could've-" you shook your head, trying to keep your voice low before somebody accused you of conspiring.

"He'll be fine...we'll get him back...somehow..." Charles assured you, giving your shoulder a reassuring pat.

"We can not let that kid lose both his parents. Not on the same day" you looked up at him, your mind running with every bad thing that could possibly happen.

"We won't" Charles promised you and you nodded.

Somehow, it only got worse from there. Lenny got killed, everyone just ran past him, you and Charles had to talk Arthur into leaving once the three of you said your quick goodbyes. The young man deserved so much better than that. If you weren't already angry, you were now.