Arthur Morgan: More Important Part 3

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader

Summary: Life after the gang with the Morgan and Marston families.

Word Count: 1700

The ranch was perfect. Both of the ranches were perfect. The day that you left what remained of the Van der Linde gang, Arthur had led you and the Marstons to two neighbouring ranches, practically identical to each other and so close to each other that it felt like you all lived together. Still, you all felt like you had enough space to be separate households. You had the privacy but never felt lonely.

The ranches needed a few renovations, nothing major, but Arthur and John got to work on it instantly. Before you knew it, the six of you, including your unborn baby, had real houses to make homes.

Having Abigail around for the later stages of your pregnancy, she had been through everything you were experiencing and it was a life saver. The two of you had been incredibly close since leaving the gang, truly the best of friends.

It was only a few months after settling down in your new home, that you went into labour. Again, Abigail was a lifesaver. But Arthur was also perfect. Sure, he was worried and wasn't completely sure what to do but he was determined to make sure that you were alright and had everything you needed. He would move mountains for you if he could.

Now, here you were. You lived on a honest little ranch right next to your best friends, you had your loving, perfect husband, and now you had your beautiful baby girl. You couldn't ask for more.

-----

The familiar sound of a baby crying woke you up from your peaceful sleep, your eyes fluttering open to see that it was still dark out side. It was most likely the early hours of the morning. You began to sit up and push the sheets off of yourself.

"I'll get her, go back to sleep" Arthur murmured in your ear, pressing a kiss to your temple as he gently pushed you back down onto the bed.

You hummed in acknowledgement as Arthur climbed out of the bed but you did fall back to sleep. Instead, you sat up and lent back on your hands as you watched Arthur move across the room, towards the crib. He gently lifted his daughter up in his arms and started to shush her back to sleep.

Arthur smiled down at her, always in awe with how tiny she was in his hands, he just couldn't believe what he created something so perfect.

The day that he found you again, the day that John took him into town to see you, Arthur had felt so relieved. He felt a relief and a joy that he had never felt before. He had been completely heartbroken, completely not himself, when he thought that he had lost you.

Then, not only did he find you again, he found out that you were going to have his child. With all of the awful things happening with the gang at the time, with all the hope that he was losing as the days went by, Arthur began to feel like his luck was changing. He had you, the love of his life, back and was going to have a child.

But Arthur quickly forgot all those thoughts, that was all in the past now. Now, he had you and he had his daughter. The Marstons were safe and happy. He had managed to do some good when he left the gang for a better life, and that's all he could ask for.

You smiled adoringly as you watched your husband and your daughter. He gently lay her back in her crib once she was sleeping again, before returning to the bed.

"I said you could go back to sleep" Arthur hummed as he climbed back onto the bed, pulling the sheet over himself.

"I know but I love watching you with her" you confessed as you both lay down, his arm naturally wrapping around your body. "She loves you, you're such a good father" you gushed as you made yourself comfortable against his side, your head resting on his chest.