Bill Williamson: Touch Starved

Bill Williamson X Female Reader

Summary: Bill would make up any excuse to be close to you, do anything for you without complaint, you just weren't sure why. You never would have guessed that it was because of the effect that your gentle presence had on him.

Word Count: 4400

It had started off small, innocent really. Well, it should have still been able to be considered innocent, that was Bill's fault not yours and he knew that. It was him that had turned it into something more. You were just kind and affectionate and so damn sweet, and that was exactly what had him pining over you like a fool.

You had joined the gang rather recently, just before Blackwater, and ever since you had been a joy to have around the camp. Ever since you met Bill you had been kind, you always had a smile for him. But he knew better than to take your kindness personally, you were like that with everyone, it was just who you were but that was something that Bill liked about you.

But what really drove him crazy was the touches. Sweet little, innocent, touches that he was sure you didn't even think twice about. A gentle touch to his arm when your talking to him, a hand on his shoulder when you greet him while he's sitting, a hand on his back when you greet him but don't want to startle him, the way you laugh and place your hands on his arms when you slip past him seemingly unfazed by how close the two of you were. No matter how simple the gesture, it all had an inexplicable effect on him that he didn't understand nor could he coherently describe.

-----

Looking across the camp, Bill couldn't help but notice how your usually soft and welcoming features seemed stressed. Your brow slightly furrowed and your usual smile replaced with a frown. It didn't suit you but he still thought you were beautiful.

Nobody else seemed to notice your change, or at least they didn't question you about it, Bill noticed though. He always noticed the little things when it came to you, even if he noticed little else. He noticed and he didn't like it at all, it just wasn't like you.

Bill didn't like that you looked stressed, he wanted to right whatever was wrong , but he just wasn't sure whether he should ask you about it or not. Would you appreciate the concern or just see him as a nuisance? Despite his dilemma, he found himself walking over to you.

"Miss L/n?" Bill spoke before he could talk himself out of it, pushing down the nervousness that he felt bubbling in his stomach.

The sound of a familiar voice saying your name made you turn around. "Oh, Bill, hi" you smiled a little up at him. Even if you weren't in a great mood, you weren't going to take it out on him. "I thought I told you to just call me Y/n" you had to admit that you found his formal way of addressing you endearing, especially since he never seemed to have many manners with the rest of the gang, but you wished that he would just call you by your name like you were friends and not strangers.

"You did" Bill answered simply with a nod.

"Then do it" you teased.

"Uh...sorry" Bill apologised, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"I'm only teasing, don't worry" you assured him. "I'm sorry, did you want something?" you asked politely, remembering that he approached you and hadn't explained himself yet.

"I...I was just checking you were alright. You looked...stressed?" Bill confessed, finding it a little unusual to be expressing his concern for somebody. It wasn't something he did often.

"Oh well...thank you, that's very sweet" your usual sincere smile and returned and that made him want to smile. Had he done that for you? Put that smile on your face? "I'm fine, it's just Pearson" you sighed.