Sylphs

How do I put this in a very calm and pleasant demeanor? This one, this one. GAH! I can't stand these ones! Ugh, now I'm beginning to speak like them. First I had to dance, then I had to give them the milkroot just to talk with Komuxio. Can this get any worse?

"Walking one brings milkroot! Milkroot fills this one with great joy!"

Yes, it can get worse. "I'm glad you are pleased."

"Ah, walking one carries message for elder one? This one will deliver message to elder one. Walking one should not worry."

"Thank you," I said as I heard footsteps approaching. I turned to see Yda and Papalymo.

"Hello there. We're envoys from Gridania and we're here to treat with your people!"

"Aye. We come to pay our respects to your elder and learn from him more of your Lord Ramuh."

"Who are these ones? These walking ones from Gridania? Walking one became dancing one and brought milkroot, but walking one tricks this one! This one does not like tricks!"

"Now hold on,"

"This one will speak no more. Elder one is busy. Walking ones should go home."

I sighed heavily as I glared at both Yda and Papalymo.

"Turned away at the gates! Whatever did we do to deserve such a rude welcome? Was Alex's jig insufficiently jiggy?"

"Excuse me?"

"I'm just as baffled, though recent events could have fluttery friends uncommonly wary. We needs but a new way to earn their trust."

Or it could have been that you showed up out of no where and began trying to question them. I sighed as I talked around, hoping to get some type of answer, even if I have to...dance again.

I swear, if I have to dance one more damn time, I'm gonna scream. Thankfully I wore good shoes for this or I would have blisters right now. At least I managed to brighten the spirits here, hopefully we get somewhere.

————————————

I'm done...so done...! My head hurts with the sylphs mannerisms. Papalymo, of course, used the fact that I'm an adventurer and is will to help distressed folks. Would that I say no, we will get nowhere with theses ones. Damnit...not again. Sigh.

"No doubt you see what I'm getting at,"

"Oh I know. If they were driven from their homeland, they must also have fair share of problems," I said.

"Precisely! Seek Hearer Imdeia, she is most like to one privy to the sylph's troubles."

The things I do just for information. Though it can't be helped. I noticed she was busy in a conversation as I approached. "Ah, you've returned,"

Right, I had to dance for her earlier. "Hello,"

"I'm sure you have bigger important things to do, but would you hear me out?"

"Of course, what's going on?"

"As you know Little Solace is a temporary settlement and beasts surround this place with ease free to wander and terrorize the helpless residents."

"What can I do?"

"If you were to slay five of the ziz golins and gall gnats which roam these parts, I'm sure the sylphs would be eternally grateful. Also if you come across brownie brushes, five total, they play a role in the sylphic culture, though I'm not sure on the details."