Chapter 22: Follow the Spiders./ I AM LORD VOLDEMORT

Start from the beginning

A spider managed to climb into the car, scaring the hell out of Ron. I pointed my wand towards and yelled, "Arania Exumai!" once more.

"Thanks for that." Ron said.

'Don't mention it." I said.

"Well, now that we're well and good," Lana said.

"Can we get the hell out of here?" Y/N finished for her. "Let's get out of here!"

Ron put the car in drive and pushed a gear, but nothing happened. "The flying gear jammed!"

"Come on, pull!" I said.

"I'm trying!"

Ron drove in front of the spiders, plowing them to the side and eventually the car took flight. We flew above the trees and landed near Hagrid's hut. We all got out of the car after holding on for dear life while Ron said.

"Follow the spiders. Follow the spiders! If Hagrid ever gets out of Azkaban, I'll kill him. I mean, what was the point of sending us there? What have we found out?"

"We know one thing." Lana said. "Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets; he was innocent."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day after, the four of us were in the hospital wing visiting Hermione with Professor McGonagall's permission. Since Y/N was our friend and the one most affected by her getting petrified, she had allowed us to visit her too.

Y/N had brought flowers everyday for her and changed them everyday in a vase he got for her. He changed the old dried up ones from the time before he was there, and replaced them with new white flowers. He still was sad that Hermione was like this. He still blamed himself for it. He even carried her bracelet with him as a reminder.

"Wish you were here, Hermione." I said. "We need you. Now more than ever."

Y/N brushed some of her stray hairs out of the way of her glossy eyes and placed his hand on her cheek. He removed his hand and took it to her left hand to rub it and kissed it. "Hey, hang on a second." Y/N said as he felt something in her hand. "What's this?" He removed the object from her hand to find a crumpled up piece of paper, which he straightened out and read. His eyes widened as he showed the paper.

"Of the many fearsome beasts that roam our land, none is more deadly than the . Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet this giant serpent's eye. Spiders flee before it..."

Underneath the excerpt, there was something written in Hermione's neat handwriting that said, "Pipes."

"That's it!" He said with the first smile we haven't seen in a month. "The voice, the monster's a Basilisk! That's why we can hear it, Harry! It's a giant freaking snake."

"But if it kills by looking people in the eyes," Ron asked. "Why is it no one's dead?"

Lana looked towards the windows. "Because no one did."

"What?" Ron said. "Have you gone mental?"

"Not directly, at least." She said as we walked to Colin and his Camera, still on a hospital bed. "Colin had his camera. So he must have seen it through the camera."

She then walked to Justin, Penelope and Hermione. "Justin must have seen it through Nearly-Headless-Nick. But since Nick's a ghost, he can't die because he's already dead. Penelope must have seen it through a window or a mirror to get here. Grandma said Hermione's bracelet was a mirror at one point, which mean's Y/N charm worked and she was petrified instead of what the Basilisk is supposed to do."