43. To Gain, To Lose

Tokoyami: I'm not sure how I could begin to repay your thanks.

Izuku: There's no need, Tokoyami. Having you here, to help us protect Kacchan, is good enough.

Bakugo: HEY! WHO SAID I NEED PROTECTING?! 'Kacchan'?

Izuku: I'm going to protect this class - this pack, with everything I have...

Tokoyami: Midoriya. What happened to your clothes?

Izuku: I guess you could say my abilities have reached new heights. I figured out how to shift.

Todoroki: 'Shift'? You don't mean...?

Izuku: I took the form of a Wolf. I did it mainly to get Kota to safety faster, but it's helpful for getting around. Even if the speed increase is only slight.

Bakugo: Hmph.

MEANWHILE...

Toga: So you're Ochako Uraraka...and you're Tsuyu Asui! I'm gonna get to know my new friends sooo well...

Toga lunged forward with her knife, forcing Asui to fling Uraraka to safety.

Uraraka: Tsu!

Asui: Get movi-

Toga ended up slashing Asui's tongue with her knife, bringing her a twisted satisfaction.

Toga: I cut you! I cut you!

She threw her needle through the loop in her hair, pinning her to the tree.

Toga: See that! See how close we are now? I reckon that this makes us friends, the best of them! Can I call you 'Tsu', too? Huh? Pretty please!

Asui: O-Only my friends...can call me-

Uraraka: Tsu!

Uraraka charged at Toga, who attempted to stab her, but with Gunhead Martial Arts, she sidestepped the knife and used Toga's weight against her, to pin her to the ground.

Uraraka: Thank you, Gunhead!