17. The Calvalry Battle?!

He was ready to head back out. His arm was no longer broken and Recovery Girl had acted fast to remove the Wolfsbane from his system.

Izuku knew that the Calvalry battle was next, but seemed to have forgotten what the repercussions were for finishing first.

He made his way to Midnight's podium, while sporting a cheery smile and waving at his fellow classmates, but the atmosphere was different. He could sense something was very wrong. He looked up at the leaderboard, having been pleased that he'd finished first before the realisation sunk in.

 He looked up at the leaderboard, having been pleased that he'd finished first before the realisation sunk in

Izuku Midoriya - 1,000,000 PTS.

Izuku: I'm an enemy of everyone...

Midnight: Oh, my - competition like this riles me up! Pick your teams and we will commence shortly.

Izuku: Can't afford to team with anyone I can't work with, then again I must've made a good impression during the Obstacle Course. Hopefully this should present some opportunities to-

Ojiro: Muttering up a storm there, Midoriya?

Izuku: Ah, Ojiro! You wanna team u-

Ojiro: I didn't say that exactly...

He slowly moved away, leaving Izuku stranded and panicking.

Izuku: Of course, no one wants to be this much of a target...

Uraraka: Deku! Got a partner yet?

Izuku: No...would you...?

Uraraka: Of course, it's always better to team up with people you like!

Izuku: Perfect, then we should get Iida.

Iida: I'm sorry, Midoriya. But, I need to stand out. I can't afford to be in your shadow any longer, so for that reason...

Iida walked to join Todoroki, Yaoyorozu and Kaminari.

Iida: I'll be challenging you as well, Midoriya. As your rival.

?: Hey! You're the guy who finished first right? Let's team up! The support companies will have their eye on this team, meaning my babies will gain some exposure, oh I'm Mei Hatsume by the way, oh and -

Uraraka: Hang on a sec...babies? What are you talking about...?

She kept further pursuing Izuku, who was slowly backing away but at least he had time to form a strategy.

Izuku: Uraraka and Hatsume will provide fantastic mobility, ensuring we avoid the others as much as possible. We need a means of defending and attacking though...someone with a Quirk that's versatile enough...The perfect candidate is...

He walked over to them and placed a hand on their shoulder.

Izuku: Tokoyami! Join us, if you're not on a team.