𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ━━ 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝

┍━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━┑

fifteen ━━ hunters and the hunted

┕━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━┙

the vampire diaries, season 4, episode 4

Italy, 1114

Spotting her two older brothers entering the town square, Athena left Rebekah's side and made her way towards them, her face turning pale, feeling a tad bit nauseous as she watched what the vampire hunters were doing to vampires, to her species. She and her siblings had fled back to the old world not long after they had turned, traveling from country to country to escape their father's wrath, still on the run a hundred years later and were now blending in as nobles in Italy. She was enamored by the country instantly, finding it much more joyous compared to their old home, yet, the hunters were tainting her experience.

She stopped beside them and turned away as one of the hunters, Alexander, burned a vampire through the sun beside other staked vampires on a stage.

"He's putting on quite the show," Elijah said to them, placing his hand on Athena's shoulder comfortingly as she arrived.

Klaus scoffed. "He is nothing. I could eat him for sport."

"Still you should heed the warning. Between you and Kol, you both have not been discreet. Stories of the Original vampires are spreading." Elijah told Klaus as he and Kol had been the ones who welcomed the bloodlust the most, finding it as a form to release their anger by feeling the life leave the people unfortunate enough to come across them. They'd been reckless with their feeding, causing the stories of their family to spread around the world while Athena, Finn, and Elijah had been attempting to maintain their discretion to keep them hidden from Mikael, which was no easy task.

Klaus smirked. "I welcome such infamy, but if you're worried about discretion, perhaps you should wrangle our sister." He motioned towards Alexander who kissed Rebekah's hand, making her smile shyly.

"I do not like this at all." Athena protectively stated with a frown as she watched her sister walk away arm in arm with the hunter.

"Neither do I, but alas our sister is stubborn and fancies the hunter."

─────

Realizing that Rebekah had gotten exceedingly close with the hunter, Klaus had rightfully so gotten paranoid, the hunters were hunting down his kind and now one was courting his sister, thus he had invited him to join them for a meal as a way of finding out his intentions and if he meant any harm to him or his siblings.