𝐭𝐞𝐧 ━━ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬

┍━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━┑

ten ━━ champagne problems

┕━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━┙

the vampire diaries, season 3, episode 14

It had been a day since her siblings had been undaggered and Athena was tired as she sat beside Rebekah on the couch, the both of them getting their nails painted for the ball their mother ( who was now alive ) had requested to hold that night. She'd spent the whole night coming to terms as to what had occurred, her siblings were all now awake and her dead mother was somehow alive again. She was suspicious per se, Esther had only given brief details as to how she was back again and why now, only mentioning that she'd used the Bennett line to do so, but that still hadn't explained why and how Esther had forgiven her and Klaus for what they'd done to her so soon. It just made her more suspicious of her true intentions, believing it was all too good to be true.

Esther had always been a hesitant forgiver, preferring to witness how guilty the offender was based upon their actions while she gave them the cold shoulder to see if they truly merited her forgiveness. Athena remembered how her mother had once ignored her for days after she'd accidentally helped Kol tap into his magic ( something that Esther never wanted for any of them ). She'd sulked for days, apologizing at every chance she could, even though it wasn't her fault. Esther had eventually forgiven her, perhaps out of her maternal love or maybe how she'd seen her appear so guilty. Athena could've always assumed that it was the same case for this or maybe because she'd had a millennium to ponder over it and observe them since she did want to be a family once more. However something about it all just felt off, Klaus had killed her and Athena had helped hide it, Esther couldn't have forgiven them this quickly, Athena definitely wouldn't have forgiven if someone in her family had done the same to her, not to mention all of their wrongdoings they'd done since becoming vampires, which their mother had no doubt witnessed from the other side.

"Rebekah? Tell me how handsome I am." Kol asked, motioning towards his suit while he stood in front of a full-length mirror.

Rebekah, looking at her nails, teased, "Ah Kol, you know I can't be compelled." A grin started to grow on Athena's face at this, content that things were starting to become normal between the siblings once more.

The mood however was ruined when Klaus stormed in, glaring at Rebekah. "You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?!" He snarled.

"Bloody hell Rebekah!" Athena exclaimed, sitting up properly and looking at her sister for an answer.