𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 ━━ 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐭

┍━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━┑

five ━━ afraid of a repeat

┕━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━┙

the vampire diaries, season 3, episode 4

"There has to be more to this dress." Athena looked up from the rack of clothes in front of her to hear her sister complaining about the dress she was trying on in the fitting room. Once they'd realized the necklace was lost, Rebekah had promptly decided for them that she needed new clothes, claiming she couldn't ━ wouldn't help them find it looking like a woman out of time ( which she was but Athena didn't point that out, not in the mood to aggravate her sister even more and then deal with it ). Klaus and Athena didn't see a need to say otherwise, knowing that Rebekah could and would come in need of them to help with their hybrid problem.

Continuing to browse through the clothes for her sister, Athena called out to her, "Well, there's not so get used to it."

Rebekah huffed, walking out of the fitting room wearing a short black dress Athena had given her earlier to try. "So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then." She said, moving her arms out of the way so that the dress would be visible to all of them. "You know, Ena and I got dirty looks for wearing trousers." She pointed out, and she wasn't wrong at that. It wasn't acceptable for women back in the day to wear anything but dresses and skirts, they were supposed to appear more 'ladylike' to appease society. If they wore something other than that, they would be called names and given dirty looks. Of course, Athena and Rebekah never gave in to them, wearing whatever they'd like and were always willing to go up against anyone who had something to say about them.

"You both wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." Klaus stated, sitting on a chair as he drank some champagne beside Stefan who was doing the same.

Rebekah though, complained yet again, this time about the music playing in the store. "And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident."

"It's dance music." Stefan told her.

The Original, horrified at that, questioned further on in disbelief. "People dance to this?"

Athena, who had picked out a pair of shorts and a shirt for her sister, hummed. "Hmm, they do. It's really sad." The first time she'd heard what the dance music had become recently, Athena was appalled much like her sister, preferring to listen to the music she'd collected over the decades.

"Are we done?"

"Why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah said to Klaus, walking over to him, even though she knew exactly why he was.