𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ━━ 𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

┍━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━┑

three ━━ roaring twenties

┕━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━┙

the vampire diaries, season 3, episode 3

Chicago Circa, 1920

Athena had been enjoying her time in Chicago, it was the first place she'd truly been herself after she and her siblings had escaped New Orleans from their father. They'd traveled for months trying to lose his trail on them with Elijah going his own way and still not having reunited with them. This had led to Athena, Klaus and their younger sister to settle in Chicago for the time being, until it was time for them to move again. The threat of Mikael still looming over them, taking numerous precautions to hide themselves from him, knowing that it won't be long until Mikael would find them again as he always does, they could only delay it.

At Gloria's speakeasy, she was on the dance-floor, her fangs sinking deeper into a man's neck, draining him of his blood as he held onto her waist tightly out of his pain, unable to fight back or yell out due to her compulsion. Athena pulled back, the veins under her eyes disappearing as she licked her lips when she heard her name being mentioned with her heightened hearing. "Then take Ena with you." Recognizing the voice of her younger sister, she walked towards her, letting the man crumple onto the ground where people would think he was too drunk.

"Who will take me where exactly?" Athena questioned when she reached them, wiping the blood dripping from the side of her lip with her thumb.

Rebekah rolled her eyes, knowing that her elder sister would somehow manage to find a way to stay at the speakeasy and she would be the one to go, unless she could get Athena on her side. "Nik's bored and because of that he wants me to leave with him." She complained, purposely giving Athena the puppy dog eyes, which always worked on her and her brothers.

Rebekah was right to do them seeing as Athena fell for them like she did every time ━ having a soft spot for her younger siblings, but before she could get a word on behalf of her sister in, Klaus interrupted her having seen the exchange between the sisters. "Great, Ena's here too, let's go now." He demanded. Athena scoffed at that, having way too much fun that night to go with him just because he was the one who was bored.

Her younger sister moved closer to Klaus. "Then go without me, I'm not your girlfriend." She stated, not budging from her decision to not leave as well, her plan to get Athena to convince Klaus to stay having failed.

Klaus pulled her over. "No you're my sister, which means─" He began, having had enough of her objection. "─You have to do as I say." He grabbed Athena as well, planning on taking them with him even if he had to drag them out, only to let go of them, spotting Athena's glare directed at him.