1:9

REWRITTEN

REWRITTEN.

TW

Violet and Klaus had decided on a Thai restaurant that he had high opinions of, and it was safe to say she had warily agreed; the food was okay and for once in her life Violet found herself enjoying an outing with someone as her company, even if she was scared of trying any of the food Klaus shoved her way. It wasnt often she even left the house and everything about the outside world stressed her out, but Klaus was kind and a little odd looking and people avoided the two because of it.

She picked at some wafer cookies while tucked into the corner of the window seat, listening to Klaus as he rambled on about his experiences with rehab, despite the twinge of sadness it brought her. He talked about someone he'd met who didn't really talk and that the two would probably get along as she forced a smile at him and nodded, unsure how to respond.

But that was Klaus.

Klaus ate most of their food, gleeful when she slid over her barely eaten from plate to his side.

Despite the sense of warmth in her chest as they split ways, her mood plummeted the second they returned to the academy.

Klaus left with Luther to run some sort of important errand, leaving Violet to herself.

Without bothering to find her, she found her other siblings grouped together downstairs for a deep discussion. There was an old television on wheels and boxes of old tapes at their centre.

Just from everyone's expressions she could sense the tension.

She considered in passing to continue on upstairs and ignore it - they hadn't bothered to find her to include her in the conversation - why should she bother? But curiosity got the better of her when she heard Grace's name being thrown around.

Violet didn't need to turn herself invisible to be unseen. She sat herself on the bottom step just outside the room and pulled her knees to her chest, resting her head against the banister. She was just listening in, not really interested as their fathers name was thrown around a lot along with the concept of how he died.

She didn't care much for that - but stayed simply because it was a family discussion and out of spite - she was going to be involved one way or another, whether they knew or not.

Their arguing turned worse by the minute and she grimaced, screwing her eyes shut as she tightened her hold around her knees.

Their voices raised, clipping over eachother just like they used to when they were kids.

Her fingernails dug into her arms.

Her gut twisted as Grace became more of the focus of the talk.

Luther was for sure that she had caused Sir Reginalds death and because of her acting strange as of late, was trying to convince the others to shut her down.