2:6

Five had never felt a more gripping panic when he saw the girl he had been searching desperately for, perhaps a tad more desperately than the others, plastered across the screen of all of the little box televisions in the window to Elliot's store that morning.

He had just been planning to head upstairs after an unsuccessful talk with Vanya when he'd caught sight of the newsreport and it felt as though his heart had stopped - especially when the word emblazoned in large white letters underneath said 'MISSING.'

He read the subtitles as fast as he could as the report played out, his stomach dropping with a horrific fear he hadn't felt in a long time.

...-are urging the public to come forward with any information regarding the sudden disappearance of this seventeen year old girl;Violet was last seen at the end of her shift by her boss and coworkers at Hal's diner at around eleven at night. She was wearing her typical work uniform of a blue dress with a pink collar and sleeves and has long, reddish-brown hair. She's said to be approximately five foot tall with brown eyes and has no known family or friends in the area. Her boss claims to be extremely worried for her safety, stating that 'Violet is a very quiet, sweet, hard working girl - she's not the type who would have just ran away...-'

Five didn't notice he'd put a hand out on the glass as he found himself looking at the half blurry staff photograph plastered on the screen as the reporter spoke. She had a little smile on her face but a familiar uncertainty in her eyes along with rosy tinted cheeks.

...- It seems she left on her bike after her shift to carry out an errand, but further interview with her boss tells us she never made it as the delivery in question was never collected. Her whereabouts between eleven thirty and midnight are unknown...-

He was about to tear away from the screens and blink into the apartment in a hurry when her picture disappeared from screen, but something else caught his eye.

-... Police are beginning to suspect that her disappearance may have some connection to the attack that was carried out by Maxwell Nelson before his death after it was revealed he was a regular at the same diner she worked at. A waitress there who wishes to remain anonymous claims she had had some trouble with Maxwell and a few of his friends previously during the year. Thought it is still being investigated, it cannot be confirmed yet whether there is a link between the two cases despite the coincidental evidence at hand...-

-... there is now increasing worry for the young girl's wellbeing-...

Five had never spacial jumped so fast in his life.

°•°•°

•°•°•

Violet awoke sharply to the sound of muffled raised voices, her body jolting in the bed that she didn't remember getting herself to. Pain shot up her side and she curled in on herself, grimacing, her heart hammering against her chest.

The room was dark - she didn't know where exactly she was, didn't even want to think about how she got there, all she knew was that her body was exhausted and in pain. The blankets around her were tucked over her body and she faintly wondered if it was Diego who had done that for her.

She could barely prise her eyelids open without them stinging with tears.

"-her face is plastered all over the news-"

She knew the voice, she knew it was Five, she knew it was him and he was there just in the other room and it had been so long since she had seen him; but for the life of her she could not will herself to move a muscle.

There was a muffled response.

"-what do you mean?!- what happened?"

The other voice rose just enough for her to hear. "She won't tell us anything, Five! Its Violet! She won't say a goddamn word!"