1:8

REWRITTEN

REWRITTEN.

Five, Violet and Klaus stood in that order on the opposite side of Dr Lance's desk, although only two remained visible.

When she got up to shower, leaving Five to sleep as she figured he'd deserved it, he had been gone once she went back.

She began pacing in her room anxiously in wait for him to return, and when he did, he explained where he had been that was so important.

So later, Violet had insisted on coming with them and had subtly linked her pinky finger through Fives as they walked and waited in the elevator.

Once in the room, she stood by his side and watched, completely invisible to the naked eye. She much preferred to remain unseen during social interactions, so this was fine for her. She could only imagine this was what being a fly on the wall felt like.

It was oddly intrusive.

"Like I said to your son earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply cannot help you," the doctor explained condescendingly.

Five leant forwards in frustration. "Well we can't get consent if you don't give us a name." he seethed.

She tightened her finger around his, eyes flickering between the doctor and him. Confrontation wasn't something she liked and this was leaning towards it, and she would slowly begin to regret coming along if it did.

"Well that's not my problem, sorry," Lance shrugged while shuffling papers. "Now, there's really nothing more I can do so-"

Klaus sat up, a glint in his eye. "-and what about my consent?"

There was a pang of confused silence between them all.

"Excuse me?"

"Who gave you permission, to lay your hands on my son?" He paused, fake tears welling in his eyes as he put a hand over his heart.

Violet eyed her brother in amusement, rocking back and forth on her heels.

"What?" Lance and Five questioned, equally dumbfounded.

"You heard me," Klaus said.

"I didn't touch your son," Lance shot back angrily.

"Oh really? Well how did he get that swollen lip then?"

Klaus gestured.

"He doesn't have a swollen-"

Klaus suddenly stood and swung a punch right across Five's face.

Violet jumped back in alarm, pulling her hand from his as she glanced between the two anxiously. 

Five rubbed his jaw, staring up at Klaus in astonishment.