2:22

"I know we can be your family... if you just let us," Diego tried, staring intently into Lila's tearful eyes.

Five looked down at Violet with wide eyes, scanning her rapidly. Her neck, her shoulder, her stomach - no blood, no wounds, but still in pain and none the wiser as to the horror he had just escaped.

He looked towards the open doors and knew he had to act fast before it happened all over again. Against all bitter judgement he broke her hand free from holding him as her wide, fearful eyes shot up to meet his - and said a rushed, pleading, "trust me" as he left her and blinked to the edge of the doorway.

He heard movement and everyone turned to see Five snatch the gun out of the Handler's hands as though he just knew she was going to appear.

Violet could barely focus on what was going on, her vision blurred.

All she knew was her hand was cold now, and she wanted Five back.

The poised woman raised her hands in surrender as he aimed the gun right at the Handler, a fixed stare on his face.

"It's true, isn't it?" Lila accused her. "What they said."

Violet slowly came to, or her mind did, beginning to piece the missing dialogue together as it caught up to her. But she could not move from her spot on the floor, trembling and just absolutely exhausted.

The Handler didn't respond and just glanced over the boy.

She snapped. "Answer me! Is it true?"

The Handler gave a false smile and shrugged. "Well-"

Before she could finish, a succession of bullets struck her from the back, causing her to gasp and drop to the ground. They all watched in shock as blood spilled out of her wounds and the side of her mouth, her body stilling.

Violet could just about see one of the Swede's standing at a stand still, staring straight at Five who still had a gun aimed in that direction.

Luther barrelled towards Lila but Diego cut him off, knocking him to the ground instead.

The woman snatched up the Handlers fallen briefcase, tears running down her face, before disappearing in a flash.

Violet could only hear the blood rushing in her ears as Five finally angled his head to the side, cautiously lowering his aim before dropping the gun to the floor. "Enough."

They all nervously shifted as they waited for the Swede to make his decision.

Finally he gave a tense nod, dropping his gun. He muttered something in Swedish back.

The minute he looked over them all before taking his leave, and they were sure he was gone, Vanya's eyes widened when her name was yelled from the lower floor. She raced to where Sissy was with Harlan, still struggling with his energy field, and the siblings began to follow one by one in a hurry.

Violet couldn't move herself, staring off at her lap, eyes stinging with tears.

Five raced to her side immediately, and as soon as he was close enough she snatched him by the sleeve, finding security in it and now unwilling to let go. He held her softly by the wrist with the same hand, the touch warming her frigid skin. She let out a deep exhale, her eyes closing briefly.

Then they lifted from the spot on the ground to meet his.

"Are you..."

She shook her head slightly before he even got the question out.

He pressed his lips together in a thin line.

Eventually the chaos of the storm and the force field went away with a zap of energy, but all Five really cared about was what was in front of him.