I harnessed all the energy I could in my body and took a deep breath, shutting my eyes. You can do this. Without a second thought, I pulled my fist back and slammed it into the beasts face.

It flew backwards, it's body crashing into a nearby tree.

It was heavy. So heavy I felt some bones in my fist crack underneath it's weight.

Wincing, I ran towards the creature and kicked it in the neck, further weakening it. It wrapped its coil like fingers around my ankle and pulled, but this time, I expected it. Gracefully, I landed on my bum and rolled backwards, my cape flying in the wind.

Just as it was about to stand, I aimed my dagger at its hand and threw it. It stabbed through the creatures palm and into the tree, forcing whatever the creature was to scream even louder.

Like a true beast, it ripped its arm off of its body and stood, towering over me by a solid two feet.

I watched in shock as his ripped limb reattached itself to its arm- each particle rising and gluing itself onto the arm I cut off.

What the fuck.

All that work for nothing?

The beast galloped towards me so robustly the ground shook; mimicking the motions of an earthquake. Just as it was about to slam into me, i lunged out of its way and jumped onto its back. I was so close, about to puncture the back of its neck with my bare teeth, but it had to stumble on its feet.

Screaming, the best fell backwards. My breath stopped immediately. I knew my ribs would break underneath it's weight. I knew I would suffocate beneath its wretched body. I knew pain would engulf my entire being.

Just as I was about to land; a hairs strand away from the soil, I prayed. I prayed to the moon goddess that I wouldn't experience a pain similar to the one I went through in my previous fight. I prayed so strongly I forgot how to think, how to speak, how to function.

It didn't work.

My entire body burned. My ability to breathe vanished.

I was drizzled with diesel and thrown into fire.

I cried out in pain as I attempted to move my arm, but it wouldn't work. Physically, I couldn't move it. My elbow was bent in a direction I couldn't recall. It was bleeding profoundly; black and blue coating it's skin.

The entire world was spinning. The entire world was blurry.

Using my other hand, I slid my sword from my back and punctured the creature in the neck.

Goddess, I wished I could have killed it. I wished I could have stabbed the monster in the back so strongly my sword came out the other end of its body. I wished to hurt it so badly it didn't live to see another day.

I moaned in pain as the monster fell limp above me, tears rushing down my eyes; not at the sadness of my situation, but rather the pain. Like getting hit in the nose.

It rolled off me and immediately, I crawled away from it and to Kate's direction.

"You should've asked me to help, girl,"

"You-" I coughed out a handful of blood, "You didn't need to. I did- I did it,"

I wheezed and dropped to the ground, a hand laying above my several broken ribs. Goddess, the pain was so bad. Above that, I couldn't move one of my arms. Not even an centimeter.

"Argh," I began shivering at the overload of hurt, "Kate- did it work?"

Nausea rushed up my throat, forcing an array of dread to rush through me.

I lurched forward and vomited a mixture of blood and gore. My entire chest exploded with a fire so blazing I felt my muscles twitch and turn. Nothing felt right. Nothing in me felt like it was in place.

"I don't know, you tell me,"

With all the strength I could muster up, I lifted my head and gasped.

The creature stood there, facing me in all its monstrosity, as still as the bark of a tree. I couldn't see it breathe, not could I witness it blink. It just reminded still; completely unmoving.

"What-" A wave of dizziness crashed through me as I spoke, "What is it doing?"

Kate frowned, "I'm afraid I don't know,"

Wiping at my lips, I stood up, stumbling forward but successfully regaining whatever balance I had left in me. I walked towards it so we were an inch away from one another- the only thing separating us being my fear of whatever it would do to me if I got any closer.

Why wasn't it moving?

Why was it looking at me so solidly? Like I was a rock that showed it a map.

I gulped and turned my face to look at Kate.

"If it advances," i croaked, "kill it,"

She nodded and snapped her fingers; a violet strand of light rising from her palm and circling her hand.

I faced the monster head on and spoke.

"On your knees," I ordered, but it came out more like a plea.

Please. Please work. Goddess, all I ask of you is to make this work. I am a loyal servant. I will forever abide by you if this works-

The monster took a step back.

My bloody lips parted.

To my complete surprise, the monster fell to its knees, head bowing in submission to me; as if waiting for another command. As if waiting for me to guide it.

Relief flooded my body.

Relief so powerful I almost wailed like a banshee, but all my muscles were able to handle were a few tears strolling down my swollen cheeks.

Unable to hold myself up anymore, I crashed to the ground, eyes falling shut.

The monster roared at my dismay.

It was a sign.

I was going to build my army.

I was going to win the war, no matter how long it took.

The more I watched the monster bow down to me- the more I analyzed the way it's neck swayed in soreness at the discomfort of its position, I knew I was going to fulfill the prophecy. I knew why I was chosen. I knew why the goddess wanted me to carry out her plan to annihilate the queen of all witches.

Because I was Leila Haddad.

I was the girl who was raised in the outskirts.

The girl who woke up to the sound of roaring and slept to the feel of broken bones.

The girl who's home was not only the north, rather also a place so dark not even light could surpass it.

I was Leila Haddad.

Queen of all five kingdoms.

The North. The South. The East. The West.

And last bas certainly not least.

Queen of the outskirts.

-_-

OOOOOOOO
WHAT DO YOU THINK?1?1?2?2
Don't forget to vote and comment! Stay tuned for the next chapter ❤️