Chapter 58 - Filler

Lara had been teaching me how to sew for months.

Slaiman was angry that I chose sewing over painting, but I couldn't help it. I dream of uncovering the arts since entering that cursed castle. Lara's dresses were the first thing that blew my mind. I wanted to make dresses for my daughters, for suits for my sons and nieces. I wanted to make the outfits that would dictate how they felt certain days. 

I wanted to make the armour they would wear to training with their father and mother with my own needles and fabrics.

Now that I was no longer a warrior - and willingly might I add - I had all this extra time on my hands and I would make sure to use it wisely.

"You're sewing a dress you're never going to wear. What's the point?!" Lara asked, baffled as she stared down at the white silk I had connected to my needle.

I shrugged, smiling as I ran my fingers down the wedding dress I would never wear.

"It would be nice to look at, I guess?"

"I still can't believe you denied having a wedding with Luca. I don't think I'll ever get over the look on his face when you said no,"

I chuckled, shaking my head.

"I didn't say no, Lara. I said I would be his, just without the formalities," My once bright smile dimmed as mother's eyes overcame my thoughts, "It just felt wrong. Mother always said she would be there the day I got married - and now, she's not. I could never host a wedding without her. Even if it meant I lost Luca to it,"

Lara sighed, shaking her head, "I just hope my brat of a daughter loves me as much as you love your mother,"

I cackled, imagines of Lara's daughter slapping her, vomiting and sitting on her rushing through my head.

"I'm sure she will," I eyed Lara, heart blooming at the love I had for her, "Thank you,"

Lara snapped her eyes to me, brows furrowed, "For what?"

"For everything,"

"Shutup before I stab you with this needle,"

I giggled as I tied the last knot on my dress, the smile on my lips becoming impossibly larger.

"It's done," I said, standing abruptly - bouncing on my toes in the process, "I finished it, Lara!"

"Let me see!" She insisted, grabbing the dress as she held it up the mirror and gasping, "How is this fair! I've been sewing for years and couldn't make a proper shirt until 2 years and you- you made this beauty!"

"I love it," I gushed, "I love it so much,"

"You've got to surprise Luca with this, Leila," Lara said, facing me with the dress still in her hands, "I know you don't want a wedding, but just make it the two of you. The poor man waited tens of years to wed you. Give him a little something,"

I sighed, cheeks hurting from the great capacity of my smile.

-_-

LUCA

"Yes, perfect. Put it right there," I whisper yelled as the Slaiman and Hamza dropped the piano, "A little quieter, please. She's right upstairs and this is supposed to be a surprise!"

"Well why don't you move it, King!" Hamza snarled, blowing on his scabbing fingers, "That thing was heavy!"

"I still can't believe she chose sawing and this over me teaching her to paint," Slaiman expressed, scoffing as he watched Hamza and I roll our eyes, "Shut it you brutes. Put yourselves in my place before you decide to be arseholes!"