Chapter 3

I laid on my couch, legs pulled up to my chest; head in between my knees. My hands cocooned me from the winter atmosphere and my hair surrounded the entirety of my body, leaving me feeling full with tranquility and warmth that was somewhat unsettling at first but certainly easy to get used to.

The morning view was dazzling.

Mountains upon mountains saturated in scenery that sported the winter hues of white, pale blue and the occasional orange. The snow tipped trees stood tall— not the tallest I'd ever seen, but still, astoundingly taller than usual. Every now and then I would see a pack member leave the comforts of their own homes to put up laundry, pick up weeds and some; even paint the beauty that surrounded them.

Sure, I'd only gotten a solid 4 hours of sleep, but that was well more than enough. My wolf needed to witness the sunrise, she needed to be reassured that she would watch the sun set and rise everyday till she took her last breath and, to be quite frank— I did too.

A light knock sounded at my door, forcing my eyes away from the mundane wolves and to the large set of double doors.

I almost didn't want to answer it, my night gown too comfortable and my blanket emitting a warmth I didn't know existed.

"Come in," I mumbled, hoping their ears were perky enough to notice.

Once I'd heard the sound of soft footsteps echo throughout the door walls of my room, I turned back around and faced the scenery. There was something about watching wolves interact so— so normally that calmed me.

"Good morning, madame. I must ready you to meet the Alpha today at half past 12," The sound of Dalal's voice made my head turn to face hers at whiplash speed. Green eyes meeting bright hazel ones, "you made it. You proved yourself worthy,"

I nodded, sending her a bright smile, "Yes, yes I did,"

"What was it like?"

"She wasn't happy, that was sure, but I managed to convince her I was well more qualified than the white blooded males in this castle," Dalal slapped a hand to her mouth, shocked, "Clearly, it had worked,"

"I didn't think it was possible to talk back to a royal," Surprise laced her voice.

"Well, it isn't."

Her brows furrowed.

"But somehow, the royal guard did it," She giggled at my answer and gestured for me to follow her .

"We must get you ready, madame-"

"Please, call me Leila," I interrupted.

Dalal paused, an unrecognisable emotion flashing through her eyes before nodding back at me, a smile staining her peach lips.