"We all feel that way at one point in our lives,"

I shook my head, a sadistic smile rising to my lips, "Tell me about it,"

"Your male seems to be quite the softie when it comes to you,"

"I know,"

"I took you for a female that likes warriors,". Her brows rose in surprise.

"Luca is a warrior, I assure you," I said, "but he's a warrior with a heart of gold. He may seem like a lion, but really, he's a bear,"

"Adorable,"

"I know! He hates me when I call him cute!"

Kate cackled, "Men don't want to be cute to their females, darling. They want to be the lions, even when they don't usually seem like it,"

An O formed in my lips, "But- Luca always takes his time with me. He's admitted several times that he likes being babied by me,"

"Has he?" A knowing look came on her face, "Well, I'm sure on the inside, he really just wants to grab you by the throat and make him yours, girl,"

My cheeks reddened, "Kate!"

"When it comes to their females, all males share one thing in common. Their desire for both pups and pleasure,"

"Can we please change the subject-"

"Well, it is my duty to not only follow your command but also to guide you, owner of my soul,"

I fanned my face, evoking a feminine cackle out of Kate. Goddess, I didn't know wether to envy her lack of shame when discussing such a topic with a dump trucked virgin like me or- ironically, shame her for it.

"There we go! Your change of subject!" Kate pointed at a monster in the distance, "remember, I'll only help if you're on the verge of death,"

I snorted, "You'll help me when I ask you to,"

"And your pride will stop you from doing so,"

It would be considered lying if I disagreed to that.

The creature was 7 foot tall. As close to human as I was going to get in a place like the banished lands. Instead of skin, it had spiky scales the colour of navy green. It's waist was small. So small I could engulf the entire thing with one hand and a half, and it's face was pulled into its head.

Ugly, I thought to myself.

With light steps, I jogged to the tree nearest to it.

I didn't know wether or not the creature could see me. I didn't know if it was blind. For goddesses sake, I didn't know if it could shoot beams of fire out of its hands. All I knew was that I had my sword, my will of steel and my towering pride that refused me the ability to back out.

Swallowing my fear down, I stomped my foot onto the soil covered in dry leaves. The sound of the dry leaves crunching under my feet echoed throughout the silence of the forest, like glass shattering in the middle of a silent hall. The monster snapped its head to me, eyelids sliding open like an eagles. My breathing stopped.

It had been days since I fought.

Nervousness settled within me, but excitement awakened as well.

It roared like a thousand crows screaming and I slid my dagger out of my thigh with whiplash speed.

Rise, beast, I chanted.

It followed my command.

The creature ran towards me, quaking the earth.