Glory

While Tsunami was calling Riptide, Glory wanted to spend some time alone with her boyfriend.

Glory cleared her throat. "Hey, Deathbringer and I are going to go out for a little bit, okay?"

Clay nodded. "Alright," he replied. "But be careful."

"And come back in an hour," Smolder said, pointing a finger at them. "I'm not having more kids go missing."

Glory smiled. "Sure thing." she turned to her boyfriend. "Hey, let's go."

Deathbringer stood up. "Where?"
Glory shrugged. "Not sure yet."

"Sounds good to me," Deathbringer said. They walked out the door, and Glory reached for Deathbringer's hand. It's familiar warmth felt reassuring.

"Can we see my mom?" Deathbringer asked, his voice tight. "I--I really miss her."

Glory's smile grew. "Of course." Her smile was wiped from her face. "She hasn't been the same."

"I know," Deathbringer said. "I don't think anything will be the same."

"How do you want to get there?" Glory asked.
"We can walk," Deathbringer replied. "It's only a few blocks from here."

"I never knew that," Glory said blankly.
"We can be there in five minutes if we run," Deathbringer suggested.

"Absolutely not," Glory said, crossing her arms. "Why would I engage in physical activity for fun?"

"Because it's fun?" Deathbringer suggested.

"Not for normal people," Glory shot back playfully.

"Well, as you can see, I'm far from normal," Deathbringer said.
"I'm not running," Glory said defiantly.

"You don't have to," Deathbringer replied. He picked up Glory bridal style and then started to run.

"Deathbringer!" Glory protested. "Put me down!"

"No!" Deathbringer said, a grin on his face. "It's a smart solution."

"And you, sir, have invented a new kind of stupid," Glory said, pointing a finger at him. "Not everyone can pick someone up and run with them. It would have been more sensible to call a cab or something."

"Ah, I'm still stupid," Deathbringer said. "Good to know."

"Yeah, but I like it," Glory said.

"Me, too," Deathbringer said softly.