Starflight

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for not updating for so long, but if you've seen my announcements, I was just struggling mentally and then I had some stuff written and hit my wrist so I couldn't do anything, so I finished this chapter today and I'm having my cousin come over tomorrow so I thought I would post today. Thank you all for your support!

Starflight's mom had really been on his mind a lot as he saw Glory talk about her mother, and Tsunami miss her own, wanting to keep her entire family safe, Clay seeing his aunt as his mother, his real mother just making money for them, and Sunny have her mother be so scared from everything that had happened.

Starflight was slightly ashamed to admit it, but it felt like Thorn wasn't just Sunny's mom, she was Starflight's, too. Sunny and Starflight had always been close, being friends before they became friends with Clay, Glory, and Tsunami. So when Starflight was eight and lost his own mother, Thorn took him in. He was staying at Sunny's house almost every night, not wanting to go home, where his father was either fighting with Fierceteeth, or stressed to the limits with his work that Starflight didn't fully understand. 

Starflight had even accidentally called Thorn 'mom' once when he was ten. He had been so embarrassed, but Thorn had just smiled and ruffled his hair, giving him a hug that felt exactly like his mother's. 

Now, almost ten years since his mothers death, memories of her were fading. Starflight could barely remember her voice, couldn't remember all of her features of her face that he once held so dearly. All those things that had been engraved in his brain, wanting to hold onto them forever had been replaced with Thorn. 

From what Starflight remembered, Thorn was so much like his mother. Their smiles with the same warmth, their arms the same comforting blanket, or maybe it was just that Thorn was Starflight's mother in everything but blood. 

And Starflight was sure his own mother couldn't be happier that Starflight had found such a bright light in the darkness that her death had brought him.

So there was Starflight, looking around at his friends, smiles on their faces, but he could see a difference in them. Their eyes weren't as bright, their shoulders slumped, and though they all looked happy, things had taken a toll on them. A larger toll than Starflight hoped. Things had taken a toll on him as well, but he would be fine. He always was. He would just push past it, shove everything down. What was more important was that his friends were okay. 

Laughs echoed in Starflight's ears, and Starflight couldn't help but join in, not even knowing what they were laughing about. 

Live in the moment, Riptide had said. So that was what Starflight was going to do. Not think about what had happened in the past, not worrying about what was going to happen. He was living in the here and now. Where things were important. His friends needed him now. He had been there in the past, and he would be there for the future. 

But as long as he lived in the present, he knew things would be okay. Because if he was always with his friends in the present, he would always be with them.

"Guess what guys?" Thorn said, holding her phone in her hand. All eyes turned to her. "Got a call for Glory. Jambu's still in town and wants to hang out with you. Has some of his friends with him, too. What do you want me to tell him?"

Glory grinned, and Starflight was glad to see her smile again. "We'll be there. What time?"

Wings of Fire as Humans (in High School): Here We Go Again!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें