Glory

A/N: Hey guys! SO sorry for the long wait, but I've been super busy with sports and tests from the end of the school year, plus some personal things happening. So, I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Updates should be a little bit more normal for the next few weeks. Thank you all for your support!

Live in the present. Riptide's words kept swirling around in Glory's mind. Live in the present. Something so simple.

But what did it mean? Was it wrong for her to hold on to things that had happened in the past? Should she just, forgive and forget?

But how could she forgive her birth mother? It seemed impossible. Maybe if it seemed that Scarlett had a change of heart, but the problem was she hadn't.

So should she just forgive and forget? Forgive Darkstalker for doing such terrible things, which ended up making her life so much more terrible than it seemed beforehand.

This is what was keeping Glory awake at night. Something so simple, but made her not stop her mind from trying to figure out what it meant.

Glory turned over on the couch, feeling Deathbringer stir next to her, then raise his head.

"You okay?" Deathbringer mumbled sleepily.

"I'm fine," GLory replied, kissing his forehead.

Deathbringer sat up. "Nope. You're never okay when you say that," he paused, looking into Glory's eyes. "What's wrong?"
Glory sighed. "Just thinking."

"Talk to me, love," Deathbringer whispered, kissing her hand. "Please."

Glory gave in. Deathbringer deserved to know. "I've been thinking about my mom."

Deathbringer wrapped an arm around Glory. "You're thinking about her choices, aren't you?"

"Yeah," Glory replied reluctantly. "Like, what if she was made to do the things she did?" she blurted. "Like Meerkat? What if none of this is her doing? What if she's being brainwashed, or thinking what she's doing is right?"

Deathbringer thought for a moment. "She might think that what she's doing is right. Just like we are. Maybe she is being brainwashed. Maybe none of this is her. But here's what we do know--something needs to be done. It might be her, it might not. We'll deal with that when we come to it. But right now, we need to think about what has happened and what is happening. We'll find out who's behind this, whether it is Scarlett or not. Okay?"

Glory couldn't help but smile. As much of an idiot as Deathbringer was, he could always find the right things to say in bad situations. "Okay," she agreed. "Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too," Deathbringer said. "Now, try to sleep. I'm right here, and I always will be."

So Glory closed her eyes, sure of one thing.

Deathbringer would be with her no matter what. Through the darkest times, or when she felt like she was flying, he would be right there, keeping her feeling like she had something to live for.