Starflight

Starflight normally liked school. He always enjoyed learning, and was always eager to learn more. He didn't particularly like the people who were teaching him, though. Learning was supposed to be fun! But the teachers they had were strict, and they weren't the best at their jobs, to say the least.

And on his first day back at school, Starflight just couldn't seem to focus.

"Starflight what is the square root of 51?" His math teacher, Glacier, asked.

"7.1414." Starflight responded without thinking.

"Correct," Glacier said. "Good work, Starflight."

Starflight smiled back. He needed to pay attention. He cleared his head and focused on his teacher. But he just couldn't concentrate. So many thoughts were running through his mind.

What if Darkstalker had more allies and were trying to kill Starflight and his friends again?

What was Darkstalker's experiment? None of them had ever been tested with it, and they had no evidence to do anything about it.

What was Darkstlker's intent on everything he had done?

And most importantly, what if they still weren't safe?

"Starflight?" Glacier asked.

"Yes?" Starflight replied.

"Is there... something on your mind?" Glacier asked.

"No," Starflight said. "Why?"

"You just seem... off." Glacier said.

"Sorry." Starflight said. "I'll pay attention, I promise."

"Please, talk to me, Starflight." Glacier said, approaching Starflight's desk. She lowered her voice. "Is it about what you went through over the past few weeks?"

"Yes." Starflight admitted. "I've been thinking about a lot of things."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Glacier said. "I'm here if you need to talk."

"No," Starflight said. "Not right now, at least."

"How about you stay after class today." Glacier said. "I can contact your next teacher and you won't get in trouble. But I need to go and finish this lesson, so I'll talk to you later."

Starflight nodded. "Thanks."

Glacier smiled and went back to the front of the room and finished the lesson, and the bell rang, and Starflight walked up to Glacier's desk.

"So, what's been on your mind, Starflight?" Glacier asked.

"Honestly?" Starflight said. "It's about Darkstalker. And I've been thinking about what Darkstalker did. He said he had an experiment, but he never tested it on us, and when the building blew up, all evidence was destroyed. So what were his intentions? And does he have more allies? How many more people were in on this? And what if none of us are still safe?"

Glacier looked down. "You do have a point, Starflight. But I don't know what to do about it. I've never had to deal with something like this before. And honestly, I wish there was something I could do to help." Glacier stood up and put a hand on Starlight's shoulder. "I really wish we had more answers. But just know that if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. Now, you should get to your next class. I don't want to get in trouble for keeping you too long." She chuckled.

"Thank you, really." Starflight said. "It's nice to have someone to talk to."

"Yeah, I understand that." Glacier said. She scribbled something on a piece of paper and handed it to Starflight. "Here's a pass, now you should get moving."

Starflight nodded and walked out the door, hoping that he would be able to concentrate on his coming classes and assignments.