Glory

It was about nine o'clock p.m., and Glory and her friends were surprisingly really tired. School had been exhausting, and none of them liked getting up early.

Glory was resting her head on Deathbringer's shoulder, her eyes fighting to stay awake.

Tsunami was texting Riptide, and Clay and Starflight were talking quietly. Sunny had fallen asleep about an hour before.

"Hey, Glory?" Deathbringer asked sleepily.

"Yeah?" Glory replied with a yawn.

"Do you have any soda?" He asked. "I'd like some caffeine to keep me awake."

"Yeah, I'll be right back." Glory replied. She stood up, stretching her arms. She walked into the kitchen and opened a cabinet. She saw a few snacks, and she grabbed them, and a few cans of soda.

She walked back into the room and handed Deathbringer a can of soda. She gave Deathbringer a bag of chips, one of the snacks she had grabbed.

"Are those snacks?" Clay asked.

"Yeah, you want one?" Glory asked.

"Is that a rhetorical question?" Starflight asked.

Glory smiled. She tossed Clay one of the snacks. "Thanks, Glory." He said.

"No problem." Glory replied. "Hey Starflight, Tsunami, you hungry?"

"Sure." Tsunami said without looking up from her phone.

"I'm not really hungry right now." Starflight replied.

"Okay." Gory said. She tossed a box to Tsunami, and she turned around to catch it, and then went back to her phone.

Glory hurled up against Deathbringer and sighed. She closed her eyes, and Deathbringer wrapped his arms around her.

"I love you, Glory." Deathbringer whispered.

Glory smiled. "I love you, too." She put an arm over Deathbringer. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too." Deathbringer replied. "I hope you forgive me."

"Of course I do." Glory replied. "You did what you had to do."

Deathbringer opened up his can of soda and took a sip. "That tastes so good. I haven't had a nice drink in days."

"Now you do." Glory replied. "When was the last time you ate?"

"I... don't know. When Sunny got pizza, but I wasn't really hungry at the time." Deathbringer replied. "Now that you mention it, I'm actually really hungry."

"I'll go get some more food." Glory said. She started to get up, but Deathbringer pulled her back down.

"No, you stay." Deathbringer insisted. "I can get my own food. I'm not a kid. You shouldn't have to do everything for me."

"Oh." Glory said. "Okay." She sat back down. Deathbringer walked out of the room and came back a few moments later with a box of the extra pizza they had.

He sat down next to Glory and Glory curled hopes in his side, closed her eyes, listening to the steady beat of Deathbringer's heart, and fell asleep in moments.