Glory

Glory looked at Meerkat. "Thank you." she said.

Meerkat shook his head. "I didn't do much. Deathbringer is the real hero."

"Dude, you're the one who came up with the plan," Deathbringer said. "I just executed it. Without you we would all be dead."

"It was a group effort." Meerkat said. "But thank you all for not hating me."

"Just because I trust you doesn't mean I like you." Tsunami said. "Even if I appreciate what you did, it was pretty stupid."

"I think it was smart," Starlfight said. "It was a well-thought plan and was executed very well."

Sunny cleared her throat. "Let's go and do something. Meerkat just got here, and he's probably a little overwhelmed."

Glory nodded. She walked back into the room, and sat down on the floor. Dethbringer sat next to her.

"Something...on your mind?" He asked.

"I've been thinking about my mom." Glory said. "I keep thinking. You never saw her in the building when it, you know."

"And?" Deathbringer asked worriedly.

"What if she isn't dead?" Glory asked. "What if she's still alive?"

Deathbringer opened his mouth, and then closed it. "I don't know." Deathbringer said. "Now that you mention it, I'm not sure she's dead."

Tsunami walked over to them. "What are you two talking about?"

Deathbringer looked up at Tsunami. "What if Scarlet isn't dead?"

Tsunami's eyes widened. "Did you ever see her in the building?"

Deathbringer shook her head.

"Starflight, I need a professional's opinion," Tsunami said, waving a hand over.

Starflight walked over to them. "Tsunami, I'm not a professional at anything."

"You're the smartest one out of all of us." Tsunami said.

Starflight crossed his arms. "What is it?"

"We think Scarlet might still be alive." Tsunami said.

Glory nodded. "We don't think she was in the building when it blew up."

"I never saw her." Deathbringer agreed.

Starflight sighed. "It's a possibility. And with how smart Darkstalker was, he very well might have planned for someone to continue his experiment."

"And what if Darkstalker is still alive, too?" Tsunami asked.

Deathbringer shook his head. "I saw his body. He's dead. I know that for sure."

"What if it was a decoy?" Glory asked.

"Maybe we're not safe yet," Starlfight said.

Deathbringer glanced at Glory."What are we going to do?"

"I don't know." Glory replied. "What if this is just the beginning?"

"We need to be careful with everything we do." Starflight said. "We can be smarter about this. Maybe we can end this once and for all."

Glory was doubtful. "Or we lose everything."

"Hey, don't think like that." Deathbringer said. "We've won before, and we can do it again."

"But what did winning cost us?" Glory asked.

Tsunami looked at Glory. "She does have a point."

"We'll be ready," Deathbringer said determinedly. "We have to be."