Chaper 20

Kerri. P.O.V

The drive back to North Carolina was long and exhausting. I accomplish nothing by telling Daquan now he's free to live the American Dream with his family while I'm stuck raising two kids by myself. I haven't heard from Ashley since before I left the hotel I dialed her number it rung twice then went straight to voicemail. That's weird she usually always answers the phone I shrugged.

'Well kids look like it's just us three" I said rubbing my belly. Maybe telling Daquan was a bad idea he was probably better off never knowing I sighed I'm 23 years old and a single mother to twins I laid in bed with another women husband I guess this is what karma feels like. Feeling my hormones starting to act up I decided to take advantage and put on the notebook and grabbed my box of tissues and chocolate. "Just this one cry" Kerri I chanted then from here on out I have to be strong for my kids.

The next morning I woke up feeling rejuvenated I put Daquan in the back of my head and got showered and dressed to go baby shopping I still had the cribs to order and the changing table. I jumped in my car and headed to the local target. On the way back home I decided to check up on Ashley since she still haven't called me back. "The number you have reached is no longer in service." "What the fuck" I yelled where is she now her number not in service what's going on! Maybe should stop by her house and see what's wrong.

I knocked on Ashley door, nothing. I rung the bell twice still nothing. I peered in the window seeing her once organize living room a tattered mess. Her couch had slashes in it with the stuffing coming out her coffee table turned over glasses shattered all over the floor, the standing lamps now laying on the floor. "Oh my god" I whispered. My heart dropped as negative thoughts swam in my head. I pulled out my phone and dialed 911.

The police was not as helpful as I hoped they be they said there was no forced entry and no sign of blood and I can file a missing person report in 48 hours. This is unbelievable an 8 month pregnant person is missing and the police won't do nothing about it for another two days I sighed in annoyance. If they won't do something about it I will!

Soon as I got home I quickly logged in to Facebook and went on Ashley page. It took me five mins to search through her old pictures to find one saying "me and my sissy" I clicked the name that was tagged Jordin Roberts and sent her a message. "Hey I'm looking for your sister Ashley I'm her friend Kerri. I haven't heard from her in a couple of days I'm just worried about her, with her being eight months pregnant and all. I pressed send and decided to snoop on Daquan wife page her most recent status was updated last night about how she cooked dinner for her wonder family. Ugh I scoffed if only she new her little world wasn't as perfect as she thought. "Ding" my messenger popped up.

Jordin: hi, I don't really communicate with my sister that much anymore, but the last time I saw her was about a month ago. You said she was eight months pregnant which I don't see how that is possible since she's no longer able to have kids and when I last saw her she wasn't pregnant are you sure you have the right person?

Me: umm yes I found you on her page. I'm not understanding how can she no longer have kids when I just saw her pregnant we meant at the hospital we were both going to pick up prenatal vitamins.

Jordin: maybe we should meet up if this really is my sister your taking about theres a lot of stuff about her that you need to know.