Chapter 8

Kerri P.O.V

9 hours later I pulled up to my cousin Janice house. She lives in Raleigh North Carolina. I quickly paid the Uhaul man. "Gimme a second" I said.

"Janice" I called knocking on the door.

No answer.

I knocked again. There was a shuffling inside and muted laughter.

"Oh my God Kerri what are you doing here" she said.

I looked Janice up and down she was dressed in a black lace see through teddy with her hair all over the place.

"I was in town and I was wondering if I could crash here" I said sheepishly.

"You were in town, girl you live all the way in LA. You need a better excuse showing up at someone house damn near midnight she said with an attitude.

I rolled my eyes "it's only 10pm and we're family and I need somewhere to stay for a few nights until I get on my feet"

"See That's all you had to say"

I sighed inwardly "where can I put my stuff?"

"Guest room on the secondly floor and I have company"

Back when we were younger Janice and I were the best of friends, some even confused us for twins. We were both Carmel complexion with naturally curly brown hair. The only thing that was different about us when we were younger was she's 5"5 and I'm 5"2. She cut her hair and dyed it a honey blond since then.

Janice mom died of cancer 6 years ago. After that Janice was force to move to North Carolina with her grandmother and since then she became a boogie bitch.

I woke up bright and early the next morning. My stomach growl making me remember I haven't eaten since stoping at a gas station halfway here in Virginia.

I grabbed a pair of my Victoria secret shorts and a wife beater to put on. I through my hair up into a messy ponytail wishing I had got it done before I left. God only knows where I'll find a good hair dresser out here.

I walked in the kitchen to find a Boris Kodjo looking guy making breakfast.

"Umm" I cleared my voice "morning"I said.

He turned to look at me letting his eyes roam up my thighs and mid section then lingering on my Breast. I crossed my arms over my breast to hid my nipples which decided to get hard.

"Good morning, you must be Janice's cousin Kerri" he said stretching his hand out.

"Yeah that's me unless she told you all bad stuff about me then you got the wrong person" I giggled.

"No, no bad stuff, but she didn't tell me how beautiful you were." He smiled flashing dimples on the both sides of his cheek.

I couldn't help but to blush.

"Hungry" he said

My stomach growl to answer his question. I shook my head yes and sat at the table.

"Good, I hope you like French toast and home fries"

"I think I'll eat just about anything right now" I laughed

He sat my plate in front of me. "It smells delicious"

"Morning " Janice said walking in the kitchen with her pink silk robe on.

"Morning" I manage to get out between bites.

"Morning babe" Boris look alike said putting a plate in front of her.

"So Kerri what brings you to my neck of the woods" Janice asked.

"I need a change of scenery" I said nonchalantly scraping the last bit of the food off my plate.

"A change of scenery my ass, what's really going on" she said looking me dead in the face.

I sucked my teeth. "Things got complicated with this guy I was seeing" I shrugged.

"Well how complicated can shit be to move to a whole new state." Janice asked.

"I don't want to talk about it" I got up to place my plate in the sink and headed back upstairs.