Chapter 5

It's been three hours in the cellar and devil is waiting patiently for the twins to finish the task given to them. They had no hesitation when they were holding gun towards Angelo but Angelo's wife and child were different case. Devil wanted Angelo to feel the same pain which he felt when Gretchen jumped with Angel from the mountain's edge.

Devil was relaxing on the couch with whisky in his hand, "Vincent, child what is holding you back? This man tried to take away your precious Angel you are just returning the favour." Vincent was afraid for the first time in his life. He said, " Father he is Matteo's friend. They both train together. If I kill him today, it will upset Matteo." Devil was impressed by Vincent quick thinking. Had Vincent accepted that he was afraid, then Devil would have made Vincent suffer. Devil said, "Is that so? Vincent can you state the very first rule." Vincent knew he had lost the argument. He replied, "Family above all."

Vincent recalled the rule again and pointed his gun at Angelo's son. Angelo and his wife were pleading. Their cries can be heard from the starting of the corridor. As Vincent was about to pull the trigger Devil stopped him. He said, "Vincent I want you and Vincenzo to use the knife and it should not be an instant kill. Play with your prey." Vincenzo self control reached its peak and he did the worst mistake. He shouted, "Why are you doing this. He is not even a culprit."Devil smiled, "Ohh son, did you just question me." Vincent knew now nothing could save Vincenzo but he need to do something. Vincent said, "No father, he is emotional as he did not want to hurt Matteo." Devil smirked, "Vincent go outside the cellar and ask the guard to go to the office, on the right hand cupboard second shelf a black colour box is kept bring it here." Vincent instructed the guard to get whatever his father is asking. He just wanted to protect Vincenzo. Guard returned with a box and gave it to the devil. Devil said, "Do you know what is inside it?" Twins shook their head in negative. Devil opened the box and took out a whip with pieces of glass pasted on its ends. Devil smiled and said, "Vincenzo, child come here." Vincenzo was not scared of the punishment, he had received worst during his training. He was scared of his father's smile. It always meant pain. Vincenzo walked towards his father and looked into his eyes. Devil was impressed with his ability to hide his emotions. His face was neutral. He said, "Vincenzo you will whip him hundred times with this special whip of mine." Vincenzo was shaking. He had increased Angelo's son pain by questioning his father. Devil was observing the emotions in Vincenzo's eyes. This child still needs to learn. He said, "Start soon if you don't want it to be two hundred. Vincent you will help your brother by pouring salt on that child's injuries." Not to make pain worse Vincenzo started whipping Angelo's son. Screams were heard whole house but no one came to help. That night even the sky was crying for the inhuman torture it saw.

At last in the wee hours of the morning Angelo's son died by the hands of Vincent and Vincenzo. Devil was happy with his sons. As a reward he asked them to kill Angelo and his wife instantly without torturing them.

All three were killed that night. But before dying Angelo told Devil something that imprinted on his mind. He told Devil, "I was the key to all the lies and secret around you. You think I lost my family today but you lost your peace today." With this before Devil could respond Angelo bite his tongue and swallowed it.

Next day,

There was silence in the mansion. Everyone was working according to their schedule. Traitors were getting tortured in the basement. The five princes were practicing in the backyard and Devil was waiting, waiting for Lucas to return.

A car stopped at the entrance of the mansion. Lucas stepped out and walked towards the house. It was time to face the devil and the consequence of the news he is about to deliver. Devil saw Lucas entering the hall. Behind him two of his men entered with a dead body on the stretcher.

Devil walked down the stairs and went towards the bar to get him a glass of whisky. As he was pouring whisky in his glass he asked Lucas to speak. Lucas said, "Our people were able to find Gretchen." He then ordered his men to remove the white cover from the body.

Devil went near the body. He saw various wounds on her body, but the one that had his focus was her half eaten face. Lucas continued, "As I already told you that jungle is the most deadly jungle. Gretchen body was eaten by some wild animal. Her one hand and both the legs are missing. It was our luck that her face was not destroyed beyond recognition."

Devil was not satisfied with her death. He wanted her alive. Devil said, "My angel." Lucas was not sure how to answer Devil. Just as he was about to answer Christopher, Lucas's brother entered with a white envelope in his hand and handed over to Devil. Devil opened the envelope. For a moment he was not able to comprehend what Christopher meant to say by that report. He was blank. Lucas moved forward and handed over him shreds of Angel's dress it was all covered in blood. He said, "Last night Christopher called me and informed me about the events. When I saw the dress I knew it was of princess but I wanted to be sure. So I got the DNA test done. Reports are positive this blood belongs to Princess. We lost her King."