EIGHT

Hailey took a deep breath before turning off her engine, she looked over at Blaze who stared back at her blankly with a tilted head.
"It'll be fine, right?" she asked the pup only to have him stick out his tongue and tilt his head the other way. "That's reassuring Blaze." She picked up her dog and quickly made her way out of her car and towards the cafe Rudy had told her about, part of her was worried he wouldn't show up or that he'd left since she was running late due to traffic. However, as soon as the cafe came into view, the only thing she could see was him. She took another deep breath before walking over and greeting him, Blaze getting to him first though, Rudy laughed as the small dog calms down after being pet.

     "Hey!" he greeted as she sat down, "I'm not gonna lie, i thought you weren't gonna show."
"Yeah i'm really sorry about that, traffic was nuts."
He reassured her that it was fine, he was too caught up admiring her anyway to be upset. He wouldn't admit it to anyone but her, but the boy had missed her. He missed having her around and he missed hearing her accent.
"So, you still like those fudge fraps?" he cleared his throat, smiling as he remembered her favourite drink.
"I can't believe you actually remember that but yeah."

     Rudy had gone to grab their drinks leaving the girl alone for a few minutes, she quickly texted Avery notifying her of her arrival.
"What've you been up to for the past two years, Miss Chase?" Rudy asked, placing down their drinks and sitting down across from her again.
"Work, work and more work. What about you?"
"A lot of auditions definitely and you know the move and all." he replied, "It's actually kinda funny."
"What is?"
"I just got a role for a new Netflix show and you have one coming out, it's all a weird twist of fate huh."
"Rudy that's amazing! Congratulations." she reached over to gently slap his hand in excitement.

    The two talked for hours, learning about everything they've missed in each other's lives for the past couple years. She found out he broke up with his girlfriend a while ago and he found out she was still a relationship virgin. She wasn't gonna tell Avery that though, otherwise she'd never hear the end of it. Hailey couldn't help but feel a terrible sense of regret throughout their time together, regretting never telling him her true feelings and losing touch with him after their time together in Alaska. She couldn't help the feeling of not wanting to leave when the time came for them to part ways.

     "I'm really glad you texted me, Hails." he smiled, "I missed just hanging out with you."
"Yeah me too Ru, we should definitely do this again."
"I actually leave for Charleston in a few days for filming, it would be cool for you to come visit though."
"Introducing me to your actor friends already?" she places her hand on her chest dramatically as she laughed. "Yeah i'd like that. I'll let you know as soon as we're done with promo and all that."
He pulled her in for a tight hug before finally making his way down the street and she made her way in the opposite direction. She wasn't lying when she said she was happy she texted him, but again, she'd never let Avery know that.