THIRTY-SIX

Hailey couldn't for the life of her remember what they were talking about, she just remembers him making her laugh so hard she forgot about everyone else around them. Every minute she spent with Ben that night the more she thanked herself for accepting his offer to take her out.

It was a just a chill night out as he called it. He took her to a nice restaurant just a few streets down from their set, then he took her to Vieux Port where they rented a few skates and twirled around a bit. Hailey quickly learned that Ben had no balance whatsoever while he quickly learned she was a natural on the skates.

"If you'd let me help you, maybe you'd stop falling on your ass every five seconds." she laughed as she skated back towards the boy.

"I thought it would be a lot easier than this." Ben huffed as he let her help him off the ice. She gently grabbed his hands in hers and started skating backwards, guiding him around the rink.
"See? It's not that hard."
"Maybe because you're holding my hand now."

He had been making cheeky remarks like that one all night and the brunette couldn't help the blush that crept up her neck every time. She had to admit this was one of the best dates she's been on in a while.

A short while after they were walking back to their apartment complex, hand in hand. Hailey was midway through a story about how when she was a child she used to think people got pregnant through a magic kiss after marriage. The blonde man next to her couldn't help but admire her and laugh along at the ridiculous story she was telling.

They couldn't even tell you how they came upon this topic of conversation if they tried, it just flowed so naturally between them. Almost like a friend you haven't seen in a few years and you were catching them up on all they've missed.

They finally reached the girls apartment, both of them a little upset that their night had come to an end. Hailey squeezed both of his hands a little as they approached her front door.

"I had a lot of fun tonight." she smiles at him.
"So did I. I'm glad you said yes." he replies with an equally wide grin.
"I'm glad too."

No more words were shared between for a couple minutes as they just stood there admiring one another and basking in the joy their night had brought them both. The silence was eventually broken by Ben as he pulled the girl closer to him.

"I think this is the part where I kiss you goodnight." he whispers, slightly lowering his head in from if hers.
"It could be." she whispers back, giving him a small smile and that was all he needed for his lips to meet hers. But it was over sooner than both of them wanted it to be.

"Goodnight, Hailey." with one last kiss to her forehead, he was walking back down the hallway.

best

best. night. ever.

AN: you guys telling rudy to go to montreal 🤡
me watching you guys 🍿

sidenote: i gave myself butterflies writing that

i need a boyfriend