FIFTY-FOUR

Rudy had taken his friends advice to heart and ended up seeing Hailey almost every other night. They hadn't had any other weird or awkward run ins with one another since that night, which if he was being honest, upset him in a way. He felt like being put in those situations gave him hope of some kind of future or feelings from her end, but she refused to even sit close to him on the couch anymore.

     Sometimes Avery would join their little movie nights since she often spent many nights at Haileys apartment and other times they had everyone over, but for most of the time, it was just them. 

     Hailey would very much admit that she was scared of having something happen with Rudy again, it felt like they were just going around in circles at point and she hated it. She hated him for hurting her. She hated herself for being so hung up on him. She hated that even after everything, she was still in love with him, and he was in love with her.

And they could both have each other if only they were brave enough to do something about it.

     They were both currently sat in her apartment once again, this time, they were watching one of her favorite movies, 10 things I hate about you. Rudy had only seen it a couple times so he didn't remember much about it, to which the girl was highly offended.

"How dare you disrespect the greatness of Heath Ledger in a romcom!" She had exclaimed, when he had revealed to her.

"I'm not disrespecting anything!" He argues. "I'm just saying I don't remember it very much."

"That counts as disrespect Mr. Pankow, whether you mean it or not."

     They were reaching the end of the movie where Kat was reading her letter to Patrick when Hailey had started to tear up. She always did at that part, but for some reason, she felt it a little more than usual. Probably due to the beautiful blonde boy next to her.

"Are you seriously crying right now?" Rudy chuckles, looking over at her.

     "It's an emotional scene, you can't judge me!" she retorts. "Besides, you're the one that cried during the opening scene of Nemo last week."

"His mother died and he was the only egg to survive that night!"

"You didn't have an emotional connection yet! Sure it's sad but not enough to make you cry."

"You're crying right now over Kat reading a letter knowing they kiss and make up five minutes later."

     "Because I have an emotional connection to the movie, admit it Ru, you're a softie." she laughs at him, the boys breath hitching in his throat unbeknownst to her. She hadn't called him by that nickname since Charleston, making him smile widely at her. "What? Why re you looking at me like that?"

"I guess you're right." he coughs, covering up his blatant admiring stare. "I am a softie, only when I'm around you though."

     Haileys heart skipped a beat at his words, as the credits start to roll, she leans her head on his shoulder, never wanting this moment between them to end. She liked when it was like this, they weren't fighting, they weren't expressing a certain emotion towards one another. She liked when they shared their silence and when their hearts beat as one.

     He liked the silence they shared too. He liked the feeling of her head weighing down his shoulder, her hair tickling his neck. He liked running his fingers through her hair and the fact she didn't stop him.  

He wanted her so bad and he promised himself that he would finally get her this time.

AN: I just realised i didn't update, i'm so sorry! uni is really after my ass these days since finals are coming up, so i apologise in advance if updates become a little irregular.

ANYWAYS let me know if there's anything you wanna see more of in this book, have a good day loves and stay safe! xx