SIXTY-FIVE

aves<3how does it feel to be public

aves<3
how does it feel to be public

bailey babe
i didn't think he'd do it

maddie
the more important question is
are you okay with it?

it feels weird idk why
maybe because it's never been this official
with rudy before
and i'm surprisingly okay with it

aves<3
okay with what exactly?

that we're public and official
with ben we used to talk about if we wanted the
world to know if we were together or not
but with rudy i don't care if people know as long
as i have him, i don't care about anything else

bailey babe
that was surprisingly very romantic

maddie
i love love!!

aves<3
what's important is that you're happy, hails
but i gotta know
what did he do about elaine?

what?

bailey babe
avery.

aves<3
what i'm only asking

what about elaine?

aves<3
i mean you left charleston because he got with
her, what happened after that?

bailey babe
that does matter anymore
what matters now is that you guys are together
and you're both happy and that's that

maddie
hailey, you okay?

aves<3
i didn't mean to upset you hails
i was just curious

no no it's fine
i'm fine
i gotta go
i'll talk to you guys later

bailey babe
great going dumbery

aves<3
i've actually never heard that insult before
i'm impressed bailey

Setting down her phone, Hailey cuddles further into Rudys side, trying to rid her thoughts of Averys words. The blonde looks down at her as she lets out a loud sigh, running his fingers through her hair and holding her just a little tighter.

"You okay?" he asks her quietly, not wanting to startle her.

Hailey simply pulls back a little to look up to him, pressing a gentle kiss on his lips. "I'm fine."

"You're also a terrible liar."

Hailey lets out another sigh, cursing her boyfriend for knowing her so well. She weighed the options in her head over whether or not to actually voice her thoughts. On one hand she risked causing an argument over their trust for one another but on the other hand her newly found worries may be eased.

"I was just thinking." the brunette sits up, untangling herself from him and making him follow her actions. "You're probably gonna have to go back to Charleston soon and I'll be in Massachusetts."

Rudy purses his lips, knowing where the girl was going with this conversation. He wraps his arms around her again, placing a comforting kiss on her temple, waiting for her to finish speaking.

"It's gonna sound so stupid saying this out loud." she laughs at herself, twiddling her fingers. "It's just, you're gonna be back there with Elaine and, well, you never really told me what happened."

The blonde pulls back from her, looking at her for a minute - which greatly worried her. He then places both his hands on her cheeks, internally chastising himself for ever hurting the girl he loved so badly.

"What I did," he starts, "was tell her than I was madly in love with someone else. I told her it was a mistake and it shouldn't have happened in the first place because I love you, Hails. Only you."

She could feel her heart almost leaping out of her chest as he spoke, neither of them had spoken those three words since before they officially got together. To Hailey, this was a big deal, she now knew Rudy was all in it. She was certain at that point that his heart was hers to hold or to break and certainly would never allow it to be the latter.

Hailey places her hands over his own, leaning closer to him before pressing her lips to his in a passionate kiss. Their lips moulded together perfectly under the dim light of the living room, Rudy moves his hands to her waist, pulling her onto his lap so she was now straddling him.

The two of them only pull apart when they desperately need air, their foreheads resting against each other. All they could feel at that moment was bliss along with the others breath gently caressing their cheek. A wide smile spreading across Haileys features as she starts to place butterfly kisses all across his skin, mumbling quiet 'i love yous' between every couple kisses, Rudy attempting to say it back to her through his quiet giggles.

There in that moment, that night, they knew they now fully had each other. They had fully given up their hearts and emotions to each other, and they would never have it any other way.

AUTHORS NOTE
okay i was kinda stuck on how to kind of wrap this book up and i now have an idea of that WHICH MEANS we only have like five more chapters left :(

I loved writing Rudy and Hailey so much, they're my literal babies and i'm not ready to be done with them which I think of why i've been putting this book off for a while.

ANYWAYS as always, stay safe xx